Improve parental locks

dannymichel

dannymichel

What I do on plex is set my parental locks to tv 14 for my son then go through certain shows and movies and add the ‘my sons name’ label to them so he can watch those shows, but when I try something similar on emby for a show, i have to set each individual episode to that label. It won’t allow me to set an entire show for him to watch

• Like 2

mastrmind11

dupe, for a couple years now.  but i'll +1 for grins

Edited by mastrmind11

the-dumb1

LOL that sounds like bulk metadata editing or bulk tagging. I made the bulk metadata editing request 5 years ago.

dannymichel

LOL that sounds like bulk metadata editing or bulk tagging. I made the bulk metadata editing request 5 years ago.

I have to say this is discouraging 

Happy2Play

Pretty sure there is another request, but currently you can only restrict by Parental Rating or Allow/Block by Tags.  Emby currently does not allow the combination of both.  At least in my tests it doesn't, if it is suppose to.

*Easiest fix is adding a custom Parental Rating to allow a item.

Emby currently has no bulk metadata editing.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

I will test some more but I had no issue applying a parental control Tag at Series Level and all episodes were available.  I did not have to apply to season or episodes.

Just like Parental Ratings applies to the Series, so each episode inherit the series rating.

Edited by Happy2Play

I will test some more but I had no issue applying a parental control Tag at Series Level and all episodes were available.

The issue is the content is being blocked by the parental rating restriction and he wants the tag to override that.

The issue is the content is being blocked by the parental rating restriction and he wants the tag to override that.

Right, so the correct way to achieve what the OP wants is to adjust the custom rating for the shows he wants instead of trying to use tags.

We should be able to support this I think....allowing an item if it meets the parental rating or if it's included in the allowed tags.

We should be able to support this I think....allowing an item if it meets the parental rating or if it's included in the allowed tags.

But we already have a way to do what he wants and doing what you suggest is not necessarily what everyone would expect...

• Like 1