Emby Cloud Sync

Traccker

Traccker

Hi, I'm I bit lost with the information, I have read everything that's in GitHub, but I'm not sure if I understood correctly how cloud sync works, first, is this something like using rclone? In other words after uploading the video file, this one is downloaded and then served(uploaded again) to the client? Or is it uploaded and then streamed directly to the client without using the server as an intermediate? If its done this way, I read that doing this could have legal problems with google? Not sure where though… so supposing that is true the basic functionality is that I upload the file and then use the transcoded versions created by google? Or do I have to upload a transcoded file? Finally, is this an emby premiere only feature and most important is it stable?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm seriously thinking using emby, I have a plexpass lifetime subscription and was really happy with everything up to when it came to transcoding stuff (and some other limitations on the server side), I can upload many optimized versions of my media, but plex simply makes it impossible to use and won't listen to their customers so... <_<. Also using rclone is simply a no no for me, because it uses my downstream bandwidth and I  have a top cap. I, already do regulars backups to the cloud and have unlimited storage, which isn't cheap to buy where I live, so streaming from there would be ideal. im looking to maybe complement both systems (Plex and emby) but it all depends.

Hoping to hear this community guidence,

Regards, Traccker

Hi there @@Traccker, it is a syncing feature that allows you to send content to Google drive from your emby server. You can setup both manual and automatic syncs.

To learn more, please check out our wiki article on the feature:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Google-Drive

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

CorruptedHart11

Hi there @@Traccker, it is a syncing feature that allows you to send content to Google drive from your emby server. You can setup both manual and automatic syncs.

To learn more, please check out our wiki article on the feature:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Google-Drive

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

So is this feature fixed since you deleted my post?

So is this feature fixed since you deleted my post?

HI there, I'll help you in your topic. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
CorruptedHart11

Yes this is a Premiere Feature

No it has not worked for over 2 months. 

So I would not define it as "stable"

• 3 weeks later...
calimero69

i'm searching same info.... Rclone run only with google? and use a TEMP folder or is fixed? because i have a small space on server but i need use a drive because cost much less a dedicated server...

Anyone have also mega.nz? price is best..