83 replies to this topic

#81 Q-Droid OFFLINE  

Q-Droid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Local time: 11:17 AM

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

Then your CPU is not an "F" but perhaps a "T"? The F series do not have an iGPU.

#82 lightsout OFFLINE  

lightsout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Local time: 08:17 AM

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

Encoding the same file with ffmpeg with my nvidia gt710 takes twice as long as it does with my i5 9400f cpu.

It does, I have the latest drivers too.

I've been and tried to find info why this is but nothing concrete.

However on some forums people seem to indicate that the performance has been broken on this particular card with the last few driver updates so I don't know how it should perform at the moment.

Right now it's a lot slower than the cpu. You have to bear in mind my cpu has a gpu unit built in though. So distinguishing between cpu and gpu is a hazy, all I can do is tell you how it is at the moment the cpu beats the nvidia card by a long way.

Well thats an old and pretty underpowered card. I had something a little more recent in mind. My also wimpy 1050ti does some pretty slid encoding. About 150fps in handbrake.

#83 SHSPVR OFFLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Local time: 10:17 AM
  • LocationVinita, Oklahoma

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:21 PM

Well thats an old and pretty underpowered card. I had something a little more recent in mind. My also wimpy 1050ti does some pretty slid encoding. About 150fps in handbrake.

I agree GT710 and not going have all necessary codec function needed to under that old of a GPU in his case the CPU is better way to go

#84 lightsout OFFLINE  

lightsout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Local time: 08:17 AM

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

Then your CPU is not an "F" but perhaps a "T"? The F series do not have an iGPU.

I believe he meant that he was getting better results in software (the cpu) than in hardware (his nvidia GPU)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users