Option to remove media from playlist when played

kurtgschumacher

kurtgschumacher

We like to binge watch old TV series, like M*A*S*H or Babylon 5. so we'll set up a playlist with all the episodes. It would be convenient to have each episode disappear from the list as we watch them.

Please consider adding a "Remove After Played" option for playlists, with the default being "off" of course.

• Like 1

Hi.  Why not just mark the series unwatched and then user our "Next Up" functionality?  It will allow you to pick up right where you left off like you want.

kurtgschumacher

That was one example of how we use playlists, and probably not the best one. We also set up playlists of movies or individual TV episodes that we want to watch. Like our "Now Showing" playlist, we're always adding new movies to the end of the list. It would be nice to have them removed from the list once we've watched them.

Yes, it's easy for me to remove them from the playlist manually, but not so easy for others in the household.

kurtgschumacher

Thanks, I didn't find that thread when I was searching. Makes sense to bundle changes to a function.

I'm an ExPlexer, and in addition Emby being a better platform, the level of support here is fantastic. I'm also an ExSoftwareDeveloper, so I really appreciate the work you put into the product and the forums.

kurtgschumacher

As long as we're talking smart playlists, here are a couple more things from my wish list.

- An option to not delete the playlist when it's empty.

- A way to multi-select items in a playlist (or collection) and take an action like 'remove from playlist' on all of them.