Samsung App - 4:3 movies unable to fit screen

JulesC

JulesC

I have the Emby app running on my Samsung TV (UN65NU6950) and 4:3 movies are unable to fit the screen.

This is what I'm experiencing - black bars on both sides of the movie.

5e14a976d88a2_IMG_4486.jpg

On the Samsung Picture Settings, "Picture Size Settings" is grayed out. 

5e14aa59de431_IMG_4487.jpg

If I'm watching cable TV, this setting is not grayed out. I've looked through the TV manual and the only option I see is on the TV remote: "P.SIZE" - "changes the picture size", however, when I try to use it with the Emby app I get this message: "Not Available".

Any assistance on fixing this would be appreciated. Let me know if you need any additional information.

JulesC

Ok, we don't currently offer any options to fill but it's possible for the future. Thanks.

Thanks Luke. Just curious, why can I expand the screen on my 75" Samsung when watching this same 4:3 movie via Emby Home Theater running off my HTPC, but not via the Emby Samsung TV app. Just seeking to understand. 

FYI - here's what the TV manual reads: "Do not watch TV in 4:3 mode for an extended period of time. This may cause black bars to appear and rest for a while at the top, bottom, left, and right sides of the screen. Note that this information is not presented on the warranty."

Hope this can be resolved in the near future. Thank you. Love the Emby app.

Edited by JulesC