What External Player For Blue-ray Folders

mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie

You need to check your network, and make sure the permissions are correct. Do you know how to do that?

No i dont sorry. Is there a tutorial for this? 

mystic.bertie

i lowered the file directory like you suggested, i still get he same problem on my NUC and my laptop.

i get a screen flicker and then nothing.

remove the external player and it plays the blueray folders.

I have found out what i was doing wrong. After reading one of the threads that Luke has posted, i noticed that i had not tried the {path} instruction which i had no idea about. VLC now works fine as does MPV, i will try it out tonight once im home and see if it it better when it comes to blu-ray folders. 

Many thanks for your help guys.

mystic.bertie

Without direct access, the server will find a way to to send it to the player, usually via hls. Using an external player, that won't happen, and will just fail. And because folder rips need direct access to work correctly, that's likely why you are having issues.

I tried mpv and its not working very well, sometimes you can click on the time bar and it will resume from that point, sometimes it does not, sometimes chapter skip works and sometimes it does not. It looks rubbish because the UI is not present either. It does not start in full screen. Also in Emby Theatre you dont get the change to pause a movie and resume at that point later on.

So my issue is still not resolved.

Guest asrequested

You're always going to have problems with folder rips. One of the mpv devs had a bit of a tirade about them, recently. You really need to think about getting rid of them. They're antiquated, and support for them is disappearing, quickly. How mpv handles them has been changed. They don't want to support it anymore. It'll probably be removed completely, at some point. You'll need to use something like PowerDVD if you insist on keeping them.

I'll have to do some testing, and see what mpv is actually doing with these things. When I get a minute, I'll take a look.

Edited by Doofus

mystic.bertie

You're always going to have problems with folder rips. One of the mpv devs had a bit of a tirade about them, recently. You really need to think about getting rid of them. They're antiquated, and support for them is disappearing, quickly. How mpv handles them has been changed. They don't want to support it anymore. It'll probably be removed completely, at some point. You'll need to use something like PowerDVD if you insist on keeping them.

I'll have to do some testing, and see what mpv is actually doing with these things. When I get a minute, I'll take a look.

Doofus thanks again for your reply. I was not aware that dev's are fading out support for the folder rips, i guess ill need to convert them or find another media player to support them. Many thanks.

We're not fading it out. Existing support is not going anywhere. It's just a matter of how can we prioritize new development for them compared to other things users want.