What External Player For Blue-ray Folders

mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie

Im a bit gutted to see that after all this time Emby still cant playback blueray folders to their full functionality, in other words its very hit and miss, i cant pause a movie because it wont unpause, i cant start a movie at any point other than the start, skip through it or even resume it from last time. Quite a let down.

I tried adding VLC as an external player but it throws up an error when i try to play a blueray folder. 

So ideally i want to know how i can play blueray folders to there full functionality and it would be wonderful if it supported blueray iso files.

thanks all

• Like 1

mystic.bertie

As long as Theater (mpv) has direct access to the folder, it should work correctly. That is play the movie.

Hi Doofus. Yes it has direct access to the NAS drive. It will play the movie and thats about it, however the regular functions dont work like resume, starting anywhere other than the beginning, cant skip fwd or back, cant pause and unpause.

I may point out that this problem has been there for many years now. Its been something i have had to accept, i have got to a point i need to fix it one way or another.

Edited by mystic.bertie

SikSlayer

Doofus, what other options must one enable when doing so? Surely just pointing to mpv.exe can't be all that I'd have to do right?

Guest asrequested

For an external player? It should work without doing that, but if you have issues, just using it as an external player and selecting which options you want, should be all you need. ISOs aren't supported, and it won't use the disc menu. If you want that, you'll need something like PowerDVD.

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

mystic.bertie

Hi Doofus thanks for your reply. My server and Emby Theatre are on the same pc. I get an error when trying to use VLC as an external player, i get the same error when i try to add mpv.exe as the external player.

When adding the external player is it necessary to add the exe file to the path or is it just a case of pointing to the folder? I tried both with the same problem.

Guest asrequested

Honestly, at this point mpv is better than VLC. I'll zip one up for later, and I'll write the config for you. If I forget, remind me this weekend.

mystic.bertie

here is the error when VLC tries to launch for blueray folders.

the VLC path is    C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe

Doofus did you get round to preparing that file for me?

post-1214-0-65601400-1577624816_thumb.jpg

mystic.bertie

My bad. I forgot. I'll do it in a little while. What GPU do you have?

hi Doofus Intel® HD Graphics 520

mystic.bertie

Good to know. I won't give it too much to do, but you should still have a nice picture. I'll get it done, soon.

Many thanks. 

Guest asrequested

Here you go. Unzip it anywhere you want, and point Theater at the mpv.exe in that folder. This is the latest mpv build. Any issues with it, let me know.

Edited by Doofus

mystic.bertie

Here you go. Unzip it anywhere you want, and point Theater at the mpv.exe in that folder. This is the latest mpv build. Any issues with it, let me know.

thanks for the file, i tried it on my NUC and my laptop and all i get is a screen flash and then nothing happens. 

the path - C:\Users\Robert\Documents\mpv\mpv\mpv.exe

Guest asrequested

That sounds like an access problem. Try dropping the movie on the mpv.exe, what happens? And don't have an mpv folder inside an mpv folder. Change the directory to

C:\Users\Robert\Documents\mpv\mpv.exe

Edited by Doofus

mystic.bertie

i lowered the file directory like you suggested, i still get he same problem on my NUC and my laptop.

i get a screen flicker and then nothing.

remove the external player and it plays the blueray folders.

Edited by mystic.bertie

Guest asrequested

So that means it doesn't have access. You need to check your network settings, and make sure you set your permissions, correctly.

mystic.bertie

So that means it doesn't have access. You need to check your network settings, and make sure you set your permissions, correctly.

Doodus are you sure as it plays with the default player just fine. Adding an external player just wont work.

Guest asrequested

Doodus are you sure as it plays with the default player just fine. Adding an external player just wont work.

Without direct access, the server will find a way to to send it to the player, usually via hls. Using an external player, that won't happen, and will just fail. And because folder rips need direct access to work correctly, that's likely why you are having issues.

mystic.bertie

Without direct access, the server will find a way to to send it to the player, usually via hls. Using an external player, that won't happen, and will just fail. And because folder rips need direct access to work correctly, that's likely why you are having issues.

Ah thats a bit hard to understand but i will accept what you are saying and try and fix it. Do you know how i can give Emby direct access to the folders? Many thanks.

Guest asrequested

Ah thats a bit hard to understand but i will accept what you are saying and try and fix it. Do you know how i can give Emby direct access to the folders? Many thanks.

You need to check your network, and make sure the permissions are correct. Do you know how to do that?