Include role under film posters on People pages

crusher11

crusher11

When I click on a person to load their page, it shows me the posters for the movies they were in. Under each poster is the title of the film. What it doesn't have is the name of the character they played.

On the movie page, the cast all have pictures below which are two lines: actor name and character name. I'd like to see a similar arrangement on people pages, with the film name and the character name.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

ginjaninja

i would prefer to see role (actor , director) and year against each media in year descending order on a persons bio.

if more than one role , show 'various' or 'more than 1' or 'multiple'.

imo this would give a better overview of a person.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
runtimesandbox

When I click on a person to load their page, it shows me the posters for the movies they were in. Under each poster is the title of the film. What it doesn't have is the name of the character they played.

On the movie page, the cast all have pictures below which are two lines: actor name and character name. I'd like to see a similar arrangement on people pages, with the film name and the character name.

Exactly this please  :)

ginjaninja

looks like i am in minority here.

but are you sure the character names people had are more important than the role(s) (actor, screenwriter, director) they had during their career..when looking at the persons biography?

eg clint eastwood

'The Mule'

Earl Stone

actor/director

'sully'

N/A

director

'the dead pool'

Insp Harry Callahan

actor

i guess character name conveys more information than just actor

but for other situations role contains very [if not more] useful information when role is more than just actor.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

crusher11

Well at present, it doesn't display either of those things, so that's not relevant.

That said, 99.9% of people anyone would click on are actors, so just listing "actor" gives you no more information.