how do I upgrade the emby nvidia server?

Bill Mini

Bill Mini

I have emby running on my Nvidia server, v.4.2.?

I see that there is a newer 4.3.0 version but cannot figure out how to download and install. I used Puffin Browser to do the initial 4.2 install. When I try to download the 4.3 version I get an error message that "download is not supported on this device yet"  can you help?

thanks?

Bill

Hi there, are you sure you downloaded it correctly? You simply need to download and install the new version on top of your existing install.

Bill Mini

hmm, how is this done within Nvidia without using a third party app to install the APK, like Puffin Browser? Because using Puffin I get "download is not supported on this device yet". Is there another method, or app to do this that works? 

thanks so much

Coxeroni

I use ES File Explorer and either download it to a network share which is connected to the Shield or download and push to the Shield's internal storage via smb.

Bill Mini

I mentioned that I used Puffin to install my current version but was unable to successfully use it to install the latest version, getting an error message that reads  "download is not supported on this device yet"

I will try ES File Explorer, though I am not sure how that app works but will look into it

thanks

Bill Mini

Hi bill you will need to download the shield emby server update from here https://emby.media/download.html to your pc transfer it to a memory stick then browse for it with your es file explorer to install hope this helps

Thanks, it appears nothing is easy with Nvidia. Can't seem to find ES Explorer to load it on my Shield. 

EODCrafter

Thanks, it appears nothing is easy with Nvidia. Can't seem to find ES Explorer to load it on my Shield. 

ES Explorer is horrible Spam....Use xplore App, it has built-in WiFi Server that uses a browser to upload/download stuff.

Coxeroni

You are absolutely right on ES, just didn't know any better alternative for Android TV and ES worked despite being intrusive. Thanks for the hint to xplore

Edited by Coxeroni