Ungroup Versions

MBSki
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

MBSki

My library was showing 6 versions of The Lego Batman movie so i grouped them together. After digging into it though, i realized that it wasn't 6 different versions but rather multiple mismatches. How do I ungroup the versions?

MBSki

Wow, thanks, I found it! That option was buried. Seems like something that should be on the More menu.

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2019 at 6:21 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  There should be a "split versions" button on the detail screen in the web app.

Can you explain where it's at? I accidentally grouped multiple episodes of a TV show and now cannot see them in the library.

Happy2Play
51 minutes ago, HKWang said:

Can you explain where it's at? I accidentally grouped multiple episodes of a TV show and now cannot see them in the library.

Just above the Media Info section of the item.

@cayars Thank you for the follow up. I wasn’t able to find it. I’m using the Emby server app for Asustor NAS. I couldn’t find the ungroup button and just ended up deleting the files and rescanning the library, then copying the files back from a backup.

• 3 years later...
Natetronn

Still very difficult to find in 2024. Not sure I would have found had I not Googled it and found this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2024 at 3:27 PM, Natetronn said:

Still very difficult to find in 2024. Not sure I would have found had I not Googled it and found this thread.

HI, yes we'll look at improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

Happy2Play
Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 12:27 PM, Natetronn said:

Where would be a better spot for it? 

Personally, I would think where it is as it is showing you the media info for each item.

Edited by Happy2Play

14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Where would be a better spot for it? 

Personally, I would think where it is as it is showing you the media info for each item.

It should probably also be in the context menu.

Natetronn
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 2:11 PM, Luke said:

It should probably also be in the context menu.

That's what I was expecting, since everything else is under the "3 dots". It's the only button I can think of that's kind of down there living life alone and on its own (when active), but maybe it can live in two places and still dynamically?

Another "idea" is to make it visible all the time, so it's more noticeable, but have it grayed out when there isn't an active split.

Thanks for the replies btw.

Edited by Natetronn
Added more thoughts
  • Thanks 1