Looking to replace desktop with a NAS - 418 or 218+?

drapacioli
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

drapacioli

Regarding pgs, please take a look at the troubleshooting section of our hardware acceleration setup guide:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Hardware-Acceleration-Overview#troubleshooting

Thanks.

Yeah I've been lucky that PGS subs play fine on my Shield TV - as long as it's not multi-line subs. Then I have to enable playback correction to preserve the correct timing (which I believe is just software transcoding anyway, and then we're back to square one)

It's when someone tries to play on a Roku that it all falls apart - I believe I asked earlier and full PGS support wasn't really in the works for that platform?

Still, disabling hardware transcoding seems to improve things, for what it's worth.

Edited by drapacioli

Roku devices do not support pgs subtitles. There's nothing we can do to change that so all we can do is wait and see if they decide to add it.

drapacioli

Roku devices do not support pgs subtitles. There's nothing we can do to change that so all we can do is wait and see if they decide to add it.

Right. I'm not exactly holding my breath - poor support is one of the reasons I left that platform in the first place!