iPhone upload pics date stamps

chudak

@ chudak sorry, I had re-typed a last part of my post a couple of times and apparently inadvertently deleted the final comments before posting...try the below in the app. Arguably neither is a long term solution but for me it forces an upload so I know my photos are backed up.

Test 1

1. Select Settings>Camera Upload
  2. Check or Uncheck (depending on current state" "Upload on on Wifi"
  3. Go back to the main Settings (I use the arrow next to Camera Upload)
  4. Select Camera Upload again
  5. Check or Uncheck "Upload on on Wifi"
  6. Go back to any other menu

Not sure step 6 is necessary in my case but it's my current test. Also, does not seem to force the upload by changing the Wifi check box state just once. After all that the photo(s) upload shortly (several seconds to a couple of minutes). As long as I leave the app open on my device new photos will upload. If I shut down the app then when I re-open it I must do the above dance again.

I edited this to remove my Test 2 scenario because it seems very unreliable. In my haste to find a solution I may have tried multiple things, including Test 1, so my results may have been from that alone.

I tried of and on suggestions and as result got all of my pics re-uploaded by emby again, which actually tells me that this feature does not have any logic which would allow partial uploads of newly added pics 

Something different about our set ups then because I can always get new photos to upload by changing the state of Settings>Camera Upload>Upload only on Wifi. Of course that means every time I want new pics to upload I must change the setting from checked to unchecked and vice versa, so in no way ideal. Nothing this primarily for @@Luke or someone at emby that might be following this thread.

• 1 month later...

Are you still running into this?

@@Luke if you're asking about the OP's issue of the date stamps....for me Windows is assigning the upload date as the Date Modified but the Date Taken is correct. So to get them to appear in emby correctly I must choose to Sort by Release Date. However, I haven't been able to get photos to upload at all since beta 4.4.0.1. I'm also running the Windows beta 4.4.0.11 so don;t know what you need to sort which is the cause.

edited to add Win beta version #

Edited by Hoochee