Emby for Kodi / Embycon + MPC-HC, subtitle search results different

phunzie

phunzie

i have both Emby for Kodi and Embycon set up, and i use MPC-HC for playback...the strange thing is when i launch a movie (mkv) from Emby for Kodi, i am able to search from within MPC-HC for new subtitles for download and some are found (but only from PODNAPISI, which is another issue)....but if i launch from Embycon, when i search for subs from MPC-HC, no results are ever found...what could be causing this?

and my other issue, which has nothing to do with Emby, is why are the only results found from searching from within MPC-HC only from Podnapisi, and never anything from Opensubtitles.org, which is also supposed to be searched, and i know there should be results from there?

EDIT: after some more playing around, i found that it's not that launching mkv via MPC-HC from Embycon never finds subs, it's that it ONLY finds them on Opensubtiles.org, never on Podnapisi, whereas launching via Emby for Kodi, subs are found on both Opensubs and Podnapisi....so if i assume MPC-HC is doing the searching/downloading of the subs, why is there different results when using EfK vs Embycon?

i should also add if using MPC-HC without Kodi at all, it does search both Opensubs and Podnapisi

Edited by phunzie

and my other issue, which has nothing to do with Emby, is why are the only results found from searching from within MPC-HC only from Podnapisi, and never anything from Opensubtitles.org, which is also supposed to be searched, and i know there should be results from there?

Hi there, I think you'll be more likely to get responses from the related developer if you can go over an example and attach the corresponding Kodi log file. Thanks.

TeamB

How are you doing the search for Subtitles? Using Emby or using Kodi or using MPC-HC?

EmbyCon does not support any client side subtitle search, it only uses the Subtitles that Emby has access to and supplies, so if you want more subtitles you need to search and manage them via the Emby server.

phunzie

as i mentioned, i’m using a third party player, MPC-HC...so my question/issue is that after i select a movie to watch from EfK or Embycon, MPC-HC starts up to play the movie....from within MPC-HC, you can select to search for and download subs....my issue is that depending on where MPC-HC gets launched from, EfK or Embycon, the search results i get from WITHIN MPC-HC are different....i’m asking about the sub search results from MPC-HC searches, not the results done outside MPC-HC, by Kodi, EfK, or Embycon

i’m not having a problem with Kodi or Emby downloading subs...it’s only when the subs that Kodi/Emby downloads are incorrect, that i have to do a search from within MPC-HC, which is when i’m having the issue in question

Edited by phunzie

TeamB

I think you will have to ask the MPC-HC guys (https://mpc-hc.org/) as this is a client play question and I am not sure if anyone here will know the answer.

You should be managing your subs via Emby itself, if the subs are not correct fix them in Emby and then play the file again.

Edited by TeamB

phunzie

ok, fair enough about this being more of an MPC-HC issue

so how do i manage/fix sub issues in Emby?...i already have ir set up so that subs get automatically downloaded, but in the case the subs are incorrect, is there a way to manually search for/download additional subs?

TeamB

In my system for each item in Emby under the item menu when I click the "More ..." item in the menu I see edit subtitles, there is a drop down with language and nect to that is a search magnifying glass that when I click on it I get a list of results from Open Subtitles.

phunzie

using E4K or Embycon, when i click on "More..." for an item, i don't get any options relating to subtitles....using Embuary as a skin if it matters

Edited by phunzie

ok, fair enough about this being more of an MPC-HC issue

so how do i manage/fix sub issues in Emby?...i already have ir set up so that subs get automatically downloaded, but in the case the subs are incorrect, is there a way to manually search for/download additional subs?

Just a guess, but when you play a file in windows explorer mpc is probably looking at the filename to use with subtitle downloading. if it's getting passed a url then it won't have that information.

phunzie

Just a guess, but when you play a file in windows explorer mpc is probably looking at the filename to use with subtitle downloading. if it's getting passed a url then it won't have that information.

could be something to this...not at my HTPC now so can't verify...but what confuses me is that using Emby for Kodi + MPC-HC, when searching for subs from within MPC, i do get results from both Podnapisi and Opensubtitles.org....the same results i get when using MPC alone, without Emby or Kodi involved...so my issue is really only with Embycon + MPC, where the results found are only from Opensubtitles.org, nothing ever from Podnapisi

so does this mean that the mkv/file info being passed to MPC from E4K vs Embycon is somehow different?...and for some reason the different info being passed to MPC from Embycon leads to matches found only on Opensubtitles but nothing on Podnapisi?

Edited by phunzie

sualfred

Emby for Kodi returns real filename paths for addon playback + native playback if the server is available locally. 

phunzie

Emby for Kodi returns real filename paths for addon playback + native playback if the server is available locally. 

and Embycon does not?

sualfred

Nope. It returns a streaming path like this:

http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Videos/1535479/stream?static=true&PlaySessionId=6e364a11c1eb4ffaab07f4330d3a5eea&MediaSourceId=9fca7c77a39d470f4190714ed8011907&api_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Edited by sualfred

phunzie

ok, thank you...that explains the different sub search results i get in MPC depending if i launch from E4K vs Embycon....guess i'll start using E4K now, whereas i had mainly been using Embycon before     :)

Edited by phunzie

TeamB

EmbyCon can if you want, its under the Playback settings in the addon.

EmbyCon defaults to direct stream instead of direct file playback.

phunzie

EmbyCon can if you want, its under the Playback settings in the addon.

EmbyCon defaults to direct stream instead of direct file playback.

i was just coming here to post that i noticed that....so i'm back to trying to find out why MPC does not show Podnapisis results when launched by Embycon, but when launched by E4K it shows results from both Opensubtitles.org  (although not as many results as a manual search on Opensubtitles.org finds) and Podnapisis...oh well, i guess i'll just use E4K going forward

Edited by phunzie

phunzie

When I say Emby I mean using the Emby Web interface.

ok, i see what you're saying...not as convenient as searching from within MPC, but nice to at least have this option...thanks for the heads up 

(but i did notice that it also does list more Opensubtitles.org results than when MPC does the search)

Edited by phunzie

TeamB

I feel it is always better to fix the subs on the emby server that way they are available from all clients and future playbacks.

You have options, pick the one that best fits your need :-)