Photo

Generated Chapter Names Automatically

Best Answer Luke , 09 October 2019 - 12:25 AM

Hi, yes, if the embedded chapters of your files contain titles, then Emby can use these.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 STR8 OFFLINE  

STR8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 09:03 AM

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:36 PM

Oh I gotcha just got a little excited by Chef's reply but I understand thanks Luke

#22 chef OFFLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 3958 posts
  • Local time: 12:03 PM
  • LocationPeterborough, Canada

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:02 PM

Sorry, wish I could make that happen.

#23 STR8 OFFLINE  

STR8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 09:03 AM

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:16 PM

No worries and no apologies needed I'm grateful for all the hard work the entire team does to allow myself and family to enjoy Emby you all rock!

#24 laie_techie OFFLINE  

laie_techie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 AM
  • LocationHappy Valley

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:40 PM

I know it's a limitation of mp4 and mkv files, but I wish I could provide a different chapter title based on language.

#25 d00zah OFFLINE  

d00zah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Local time: 12:03 PM

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

I know it's a limitation of mp4 and mkv files, but I wish I could provide a different chapter title based on language.

You can use the MKVToolNix chapter editor to edit chapter names to be whatever you want. The aforementioned database seemed geared towards English,  and many available titles just used the generic 'Chapter 1', 'Chapter 2', etc., but with the editor, you can make them anything you want. Just don't expect it to become 'automatic'. That seems unlikely, just based on the lack of available sources.

Edit: It occurs to me that a plug-in that programmatically extracts chapter detail from users' ofttimes sizable movie libraries to populate a common database 'in the cloud' could be an interesting 'feature'. Beyond my capabilities but there is, at least, some demand. Create a community-sourced database.

Edited by d00zah, 14 October 2019 - 01:26 PM.

• miniliQuid likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users