Download to

Nostromo86

Nostromo86

Hi,

I have several users but via their mobile for example I would like them to download the media only locally. But this offers download to ... and it can choose the phone of other users.

Can the download be allowed only locally?

Thank you

• 4 months later...
hitmax117

Hi, we need to improve this. Right now you'd have to use device access to limit the devices they can access.

Luke any update on this? From my perspective this is a huge flaw in the product. Users can cause other users devices to run out of storage.

'limit the devices your users can access' is absolutely not user friendly and is therefore not a workaround.

A possible solution to this whole problem is to let the admin globally disable the 'download to' function while keeping the normal 'download' function enabled.

Please elaborate on how / when this is going to be solved.

I don't have an update for you at this time but yes this is something we plan to do. Thanks for the feedback.

sualfred

+1 for this. Just noticed my brother was wasting storage on my tablet because he selected it by mistake. 

Should be fixed asap, this can cause huge problems.

Edited by sualfred

• 7 months later...

yeah, its been a couple of updates and its not really been worked on. Its kinda problematic that other users/guest can access other users stuff. 
Was also extremely shocked that "allow remote control" was opt out, not opt in.

Edited by krage

This is already possible if you restrict a user to their devices only using "Device Access" in the user settings in the dashboard.

Then the user is only able sync to devices he can access Emby from.