HEVC not transcoding

Dizzy49

Dizzy49

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post a new thread for the same issue...

I am having issues playing 4K HEVC videos.  It will play for 2-3 then the video freezes while the audio continues.

My log files were pretty ridiculous, so I cleared them out and tried to play a couple videos to generate logs/errors to attach.

I am playing via Amazon Fire Cube.  It should play 4k, but if it can't handle it, why isn't Emby transcoding?  I have included my transcoding setup as well.

post-72758-0-30186300-1567633292_thumb.png post-72758-0-39273900-1567633344_thumb.png

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-0149696b-185e-4833-824d-a4aeeb378ec4_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-eb223b28-6b75-49da-b006-b14cd18bf23e_1.txt

Hi there, please try lowering in the app quality setting to force a full transcode and see how that compares. Thanks.

Without changing anything, it Direct Plays the HEVC content.  When I lower the max stream to 2.0Mbps it transcodes the video and it plays.  If you skip forward or backward it takes a good 5 seconds for the server to find the spot, start transcoding, and for it to resume playing.

So the answer here is that Amazon Fire can't hand HEVC and it needs to be transcoded.  Now, how do we get Emby to recognize that so we don't have to have everything else transcoded as well?

So you're using the Android TV app on the Fire Cube? We already have this detection. It's strange that it's coming up wrong. We'll see what @@ebr thinks. Thanks.

@@Happy2Play can you please break out @@Dizzy49's post above into a new topic in the Android TV section? Thanks.

Guest asrequested

It's playing correctly when transcoded. His issue is when being remuxed. Which is the same issue in the thread that I linked. He's making the assumption that he's having playback issues because the player doesn't support HEVC. I think it's an incorrect assumption. I think if he plays the same video with supported audio and no subs, it will direct play, correctly.

• 4 months later...