Cache File Cleanup fails

darkside40
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

darkside40

Hi there,

in the last couple of days i had two time the failure that the Cache File Cleanup failes.

When if look at the error Message it says:

Structure needs cleaning
at System.IO.FileStatus.EnsureStatInitialized(ReadOnlySpan`1 path, Boolean continueOnError)
at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Init(FileStatus& fileStatus)
at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Create(String fullPath, String fileName, FileStatus& fileStatus)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEntry.ToFileSystemInfo()
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.<>c.<FileInfos>b__6_0(FileSystemEntry& entry)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1.DelegateEnumerator.TransformEntry(FileSystemEntry& entry)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.ToList()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteCacheFilesFromDirectory(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String directory, DateTimeOffset minDateModified, 

What does that mean and how can i repair this.

I am using Emby 4.2.1.0 in the offical docker.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Okay did a filesystem check, is there anyway to trigger the cleanup manually so i can see if it worked?

Only via the api "ScheduledTasks".  API link at the bottom of the dashboard.  Go to "POST ​/ScheduledTasks​/Running​/{Id}" and enter 241d4fcb19a1d557ee62428e411da609.
  • Like 1

AdrianW

I've just noticed the cache cleanup failing:

28rmCFN.png

I think the issue is that it's running at 3:45am - when my NAS is off.

This is the popup text from the "i" icon (KANAME is my NAS), Emby server is on a NUC.

The network path was not found. : '\\KANAME\Video\Other\ImagesByNameMB3\metadata\temp'
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFiles(String path, String[] extensions, Boolean enableCaseSensitiveExtensions, Boolean recursive)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFiles(String path, Boolean recursive)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteCacheFilesFromDirectory(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String directory, DateTimeOffset minDateModified, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

Did you look at the error message? We should probably just stop logging the failures.

Well, that just says "The network path was not found." - but I think "Cache file cleanup failed" and a red icon makes it look more serious. 

If that process always runs at 3:45am then it will never complete successfully on my server. If I could reschedule it to a more appropriate time then at least it should be able to run properly.

• 2 weeks later...
AdrianW

So, this thing is still running every day at 3:45am and failing. 

I'd like to be able to re-schedule it to a sensible time - or alternatively disable it entirely.

Happy2Play

So, this thing is still running every day at 3:45am and failing. 

I'd like to be able to re-schedule it to a sensible time - or alternatively disable it entirely.

You can via the API ScheduledTaskService, the taskid is "241d4fcb19a1d557ee62428e411da609".

AdrianW

You can via the API ScheduledTaskService, the taskid is "241d4fcb19a1d557ee62428e411da609".

Thanks - I'll give that a go later, when I'm home from work.