Recording off by 2-3 minutes -- starting and ending early

mlcarson

mlcarson

My recordings are off by 2-3 minutes now and the clock on the server is sync'd via NTP and confirmed correct.  Clock on the client machine with Emby seems correct.  This is with version 4.1.1.0.   Logs show the recordings firing on-time so it's apparently pulling from the wrong clock or something. 

Any known issues regarding this?

Edited by mlcarson

mlcarson

An example would be pretty hard to capture.  The logs show things happening at the correct time but the clocks on TV shows that show a clock are off and those that don't show a clock just show the last minute or so of the previous show.    Right now I think that recordings are off by 75 secs or so but I can see my Emby server clock is correct right to the second on various Internet time sources -- and it should be since it's using NTP.   In FreeBSD, the clock being displayed and the results of the Date command are what I'm using to indicate that the clock is set correct. 

After a bit more pondering on my part, I think I get it.  I'm recording IP streams and they are probably being delayed.  That's why I'm seeing the recordings start at what appears to be early rather than late. Most of my recording up to this point has been with HDHomerun Prime streams where there would be no delay. 

Edited by mlcarson