One Stop Shop

kingy444

kingy444

I'm sure the devs have looked previously and biggest problem would be the other companies - but if Plex are throwing their hat in the ring Emby definitely should - while new than Plex I strongly believe it has the better development team behind it.

Serving services like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu etc as a channel would give Emby the edge of singular apps

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/29/20838378/plex-streaming-service-warner-bros-apple-netflix-disney-amazon-piracy

adamstewiegreen

But Plex isn't servicing Netflix, disney, or Hulu, they're bringing in (probably) crappy WB movies and (possibly decent) tv ... with commercials. They're basically becoming Hulu for WB. And, as the article points out, that collection will be to service WBs own interest. So they'll offer a few episodes of The Wire or maybe even Game of Thrones and Ballers, but don't expect anything near a complete series MAYBE a complete First season - maybe.

To add to that it's unlikely any of the major players will jump on board as they've already passed up more lucrative offers.

And lastly, a lot of people (myself included) just want a server for their content, because frankly, the WB (or Netflix or Disney or Hulu) isn't going to show me much that I want to see. They are, IMHO, slowly destroying the film industry.

Anyways, that's the end of my rant.