Live tv Chrome black screen

penalte

penalte

Hi, in chrome and sometimes in Safari live tv channels with direct play starts with a black screen but its getting the stream feed the timer Will increase but its in a pause state with black screen, if i force a transcode by lowering the quality it works but after sometime like 10/20 minutes it stops, with Firefox and emby Apps all is working fine. I checked the logs they are good no errors.

davidmarshalljr

I'm experiencing the same thing. Black screen in Chrome, but works in Safari. Using H.265, works in VLC and in the Emby iPhone app on iOS 13.

Edited by davidmarshalljr

penalte

I can see that others are opening topics with this issue but no one is responding, can i know why? 

Edited by penalte

Im having the same issue but I didn't get reply.

One thing you can do is watch live tv through microsoft edge, I have tested it and works for me.

I know this is not a solution, but It will do for now.

Edited by Jazzer
  • Like 1

I have the same issue, I using emby server in a docker on a raspberry pi (libreelec).

In the log a found following message 

2019-08-14 19:40:14.065 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i "rtp://@239.35.10.24:10000" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format -show_data

2019-08-14 19:40:14.132 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.

2019-08-14 19:40:44.158 Error MediaEncoder: Timeout while running Ffprobe -i "rtp://@239.35.10.24:10000" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format -show_data

2019-08-14 19:40:44.668 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 137

2019-08-14 19:40:44.677 Error MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Error Output:

ffprobe version 4.0.3-emby_2019_04_09 Copyright © 2007-2018 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC

built with gcc 7.4.1 (Linaro GCC 7.4-2019.02) 20181213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4]

2019-08-14 19:40:44.791 Error MediaSourceManager: Error probing live tv stream

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.2.1.0

Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3

Operating system: Unix 4.9.80.0

64-Bit OS: False

64-Bit Process: False

User Interactive: True

Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /config

Application directory: /system

System.Exception: System.Exception: Error running ffprobe for "rtp://@239.35.10.24:10000" - 

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean forceEnableLogging, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.AddMediaInfoWithProbe(MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, Boolean isAudio, ReadOnlyMemory`1 cacheKey, Boolean addProbeDelay, Boolean isLiveStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding

TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

The main problem is the "rtp" - protocol. if I use a test.m3u with http I can play the content 

Edited by dvE3H6

himisk71

After I add in the docker command --network=host, I can use the live tv

i have the network type "host" from the beginning, but in chrome i can not stream live tv on all channels - only a few works and only sometimes.. i have to look into what work and when it works.

Edited by himisk71

penalte

i use host too in docker since the beginning so i dont know to solve this and the iptv freezes when epg changes program i need to stop and restart the channel.

Edited by penalte

Hmmm, seems we have quite a mix of different issues here...

@@penalte - Is it the same in your case, that playback is working fine in the Edge browser?

himisk71

@@penalte - Is it the same in your case, that playback is working fine in the Edge browser?

i am not penalte, but yeah, in edge the stream is working fine!

• 1 month later...

I still have that problem in chrome (W10 desktop).  My  Emby server (4.2.1.0) dashboard however shows my W10 desktop as "Chrome Emby Mobile"

Not an issue for me as I also have Theatre on the same desktop.

Edited by aja07

• 5 weeks later...
himisk71

Version 4.3.0.21 beta

Still having issues. But i think i stop deal with emby, so doesnt matter. too much time i pay for trying if it will work or not. i need emby only for live-tv, so...

here we go...

Thanks! as a test, if you lower the in-app quality setting to something lower than 8 mbps, this will force a full transcode. Does that have any impact? 

@@Luke - we'll need edd file analysis to investigate this further

Could be a timestamp issue because the start-time is unusually high.

Edited by softworkz

how do i do that? since a few versions there are no controls on the screen i can get in the configuration for that.

You can do this in the app's playback settings by clicking your user icon in the top right.

• 2 months later...