Emby Server lost watched states for everything - docker

d90
Go to solution Solved by d90,

I'm using emby server via docker and updated today with the following in my compose file

emby:
        image: "emby/embyserver:latest"
        restart: always
        container_name: "emby"

ports:
            - "8096:8096"
            - "8920:8920"

volumes:
            - /home/docker/emby/config:/config
            - /mnt/smb/TV:/tvshows_smb
            - /mnt/smb/Movies:/movies_smb

environment:
            - GID=1000
            - UID=1000
            - TZ=America/New_York

Once the upgrade finished, the watched state of everything in my library went to unwatched. I tried to restore from last night's "server configuration backup" via the plugin, but it seems to do nothing. 

Please help!

embylogs.txt

Hi, have you tried running a library scan? What version did you update from? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, have you tried running a library scan? What version did you update from? Thanks.

I came from whatever version was tagged latest 6 days ago. I'm sorry I don't recall what that version was  :( . 

I've run the library scan, and it seems to not have any effect on watched status. 

Further, it seems even when I try to manually change the watched status of episodes it's not taking. For example hitting the checkbox for episodes of Chicago Fire (which we're current on, and have watched all of them) still shows 22 unwatched episodes despite me checking off individual episodes as well as the entire most recent season checkboxes directly from the server interface via chrome or firefox. 

Edited by d90

Were you on beta versions previously?

Yes, I was for a moment about 2 weeks ago. I was having some issues and tested beta to see if they went away and the issues didn't. (turned out my nas had an issue). I swithed back to latest after less than a day of using beta. 

Ok so that explains it. There were database changes created by the 4.2 beta, which 4.1 is not able to handle. I think you'll need to just manually mark your watch states.

However, I would probably suggest either refreshing metadata on all content, or removing it all, running a full scan to clear out the database, and then adding it back. Or just a fresh install. 

You may run into things otherwise. You went from a 4.2 database back to 4.1. 4.1 then performed it's normal operations on a database it wasn't built for. So there might be issues.

Ok. Thank you.

I'm doing a full metadata refresh on TV and movies libraries right now.

If I need to do a fresh install, can I use the backups created by the server backup add-on?

• Solution

OK so it looks like removing the tv and movie libraries and adding them again fixed the issue. it took some time to rebuild but I didn't lose anything. Thank you! 

• Like 1