Enable Real Time Monitoring Not Working

flakie

flakie

The initial can finished hours ago.

Emby is working really well and is setup exactly how I wanted it.

could not ask for more :)

Any movie with an embedded subtitle does not get an srt downloaded, no matter how *Skip if the video already contains embedded subtitles* is set.

Not a problem for me. I am happy with embedded ones.

That's not true. There is always an explanation. You just have to look at your configured settings compared to the media info for your movie files and you will see the answer. Please go over a specific example and i'll answer that one for you. Thanks.

@@cayars we really need that wiki article.

Spaceboy

I’ve installed bazarr to help with subtitles. More because I find seeing what is missing difficult in emby and bazarr is really good for that. It also uses a lot more subtitle sources than emby and matching criteria are a lot more flexible. Bazarr needs radarr and or sonarr installed to work but you don’t need to use those programs for their original [emoji2526] purpose. Bazarr isn’t perfect yet either though, it’s still in beta and requires git and python. Also still hoping for a forced / foreign parts only setting

flakie

Thanks for the information. I am not that big a user to need any additional software just for subtitles, though i do use *Subtitle Edit* to fine tune any.

Including subtitles that Emby missed and those that were wrong, I had about 130 to edit manually. Actually I just deleted them all and used VLC to search for more.

The good thing about using VLC is you can just load subtitles one after the other in seconds until you get a match. The last one loaded becomes the subtitle that is saved automatically. Took me a few hours and a few cups of coffee to get them all done this afternoon.

Going forward I have turned off the subtitles scheduled task in Emby and will just use VLC as I will only need 0-10 a week so will take just a few minutes (unless I have to adjust the timing in one or something).

Can finally say my install of Emby is completely finished and up to date with my current media (movies, tv, music and photos).

Takes a bit of time to get perfect but now I have done so it is the best media management software I have ever used and glad I made the switch from Plex and the Synology offerings :)