Anime content type

byakuya32

How is this different from creating an anime library with the TV content type, and then having another TV library for regular TV?

• 1 year later...
Allessss
On 6/20/2019 at 7:43 AM, Luke said:

How is this different from creating an anime library with the TV content type, and then having another TV library for regular TV?

im a bit late to the thread, in Anime is a bit different then normal shows, every season has different Metadata, different art covers and different special episodes, 

Bakemonogatari as an example:

First Season:
Bakemonogatari (2009)
Nisemonogatari (2012)
Nekomonogatari Black (2012)

Second Season
Monogatari Series Second Season (2013)
Hanamonogatari (2014)

Final Season
Tsukimonogatari (2014)
Owarimonogatari (2015)
Koyomimonogatari (2016)
Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu (2016)
Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu (2016)
Kizumonogatari Part 3: Reiketsu (2017)
Owarimonogatari (Part 2) (2017)
Zoku Owarimonogatari (2018)

Off Season
Orokamonogatari (TBA)
Wazamonogatari (TBA)
Nademonogatari (TBA)
Musubimonogatari (TBA)
Monster Season
Shinobumonogatari (TBA)
Yoimonogatari (TBA)
Amarimonogatari (TBA)
Ougimonogatari (TBA)
Shinomonogatari (TBA)

anime dont really use the Season 1 .. 2 ...3 etc, and in the story watch like in this example "Owarimonogatari 2" isnt the next season to watch after "Owarimonogatari" you have other stuff between them, using the tv show library you are forced to split every season is his own "Tv Show" loosing the correct watch line and having a lot of shows that in the end all fall under the "bakemonogatari" serie

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

@Allesssswhile that can be true, and it doesn't have to be as many people choose to organize it differently, you can still fully support this model the way Luke described.  The only thing limiting you is that the metadata providers don't support the organization that you're proposing so you have to do a lot of manual metadata entry to get things to show up that way.  That's not an Emby issue though, it's just a limit of available metadata to scrape.

David Patt

I can agree that anime are little different. I try same aproach and trust me it isnt worth it. Just scrape it from tvdb or tmdb and be done with it. Then i just use collections to get things like movies and tv series together. I waste so much time to organize it by anime standarts but so many bugs and mistakes in correct metadata. 

• Like 1

RanmaCanada

You can just create a separate Library for anime, and either use TVDB naming convention, or use absolute naming convention.  Extras are a pain, and I have gone with starting each season's extras that don't have metadata at the hundred that corresponds with their season.  EG Season 1 NCOP and NCED would be S00E100 and S00E101 and so on.

As for movies, if they aren't part of a particular series have aren't listed on TVDB as such, just create a different folder in your movies directory called Anime Movies or something and dump them in there.  David Patt has the right idea.

Bakemonogatari  is an EXTREME example, and it really should be in a category by itself.  It is the 1% of the 1% of this problem, and I say that as someone with almost 700 series in their Anime library.

snacks03
On 6/27/2021 at 11:29 AM, RanmaCanada said:

You can just create a separate Library for anime, and either use TVDB naming convention, or use absolute naming convention.  Extras are a pain, and I have gone with starting each season's extras that don't have metadata at the hundred that corresponds with their season.  EG Season 1 NCOP and NCED would be S00E100 and S00E101 and so on.

As for movies, if they aren't part of a particular series have aren't listed on TVDB as such, just create a different folder in your movies directory called Anime Movies or something and dump them in there.  David Patt has the right idea.

Bakemonogatari  is an EXTREME example, and it really should be in a category by itself.  It is the 1% of the 1% of this problem, and I say that as someone with almost 700 series in their Anime library.

This is what I do as well; TV-Shows, Animated-Shows, Movies, and Animated-Movies. Scrape animated-shows from TVDB with season structure.

But I have noticed when viewing the genre areas (in all show and move types), it combines both TV-shows, Animated-shows, Movies, and Animated-Movies poster art into the image fields. Unsure if this is a bug or a tagging issue on my end...

Movie Genres.png

TV-Shows Genres.png

Hi, that's only because the genre images are not specific to each library.