Genre cleaner

arrbee99

How did you add the second genre? @ebrare you sure this has ever been supported? Looking at the plugin code that actually utilizes the options, I'm not sure.

Clangrijan
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

How did you add the second genre? @ebrare you sure this has ever been supported? Looking at the plugin code that actually utilizes the options, I'm not sure.

I did it from the plugin itself. First, I added one, and then the other. Could that be it? Is it possible that it doesn't support mapping two or more genres to another?

Screenshot_2023-05-06-23-41-22-586_com.mb.android-edit.jpg

15 hours ago, Luke said:

are you sure this has ever been supported?

Yes, it originally could map multiple sources to a single target.

Clangrijan
10 hours ago, Luke said:

@Clangrijanwhat item did you refresh during the time of this log? What example should we be looking at?

I refreshed my movie library and wanted the genres "Aventura" and "Adventure" to map to "Aventuras". The movies with the genre "Aventura" were mapped correctly at the time, but those with the genre "Adventure" were not. Examples of movies with the "Adventure" genre are: Ant-Man y la Avispa Quantumanía, Avatar El sentido del agua, Momias....

I'm sorry if I didn't explain myself well. Another option I have is to remove the double mapping and do them one by one.

Clangrijan

I think I've found where the problem is. I don't know why some movies have the "Genre" field locked so it can't be changed when updating metadata. If I unlock it, then the plugin works correctly. The problem is removing this lock one by one for each movie. Is there a way to remove it in bulk?

Thank you very much.

Emby.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clangrijan said:

I think I've found where the problem is. I don't know why some movies have the "Genre" field locked so it can't be changed when updating metadata. If I unlock it, then the plugin works correctly. The problem is removing this lock one by one for each movie. Is there a way to remove it in bulk?

Thank you very much.

Emby.png

When you manually edit they get automatically locked to prevent your changes from being lost.

• Like 1

Clangrijan
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Cuando edita manualmente, se bloquean automáticamente para evitar que se pierdan los cambios .

Ok, I understand. Thank you very much for your help.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I cant get this to work either. Tried it serveral times now.

I now deleted GenreCleaner.xml, restarted Emby and for testing purposes i mapped "Abenteuer" to "Adventure" (as i want Adventure only) and deleted "TV-Film". Saved an ran a scan. I can see several entrys in log with "BaseGenreCleaner reports change to" but everything remains as its been before. Fields are not locked.

Edited by b3nZol

Is there a way to update certain Metadata, in this case "Genres", only? 8k+ movies... thats why i am asking.

Edit: Yep, thats the trick. Thank you.

Edited by b3nZol
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you should update the plugins description that a meta refresh is needed, not only a rescan. Works perfectly after refreshing metadata, thank you :)

Edited by b3nZol

40 minutes ago, b3nZol said:

Maybe you should update the plugins description that a meta refresh is needed, not only a rescan. Works perfectly after refreshing metadata, thank you :)

Hi.  I guess we thought it was evident as genres are metadata but perhaps we should be more specific.  Thanks.

It offers rescanning after saving and that is what it does. It does not say 'refresh metadata' nor does it do that 😉 But no problem, i am satisfied now 🙂