Channel Logos

ErikaJ

ErikaJ

Good day...I have switch fron SD guide data to Emby guide data and I am trying to figure out how the channel logos are chosen. My m3u file is local. Does Emby take the channel logos from its own EPG or does it use the one which is identified in the m3u such as ...#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="3" tvg-id="5starmax.us" tvg-name="5 StarMax" tvg-logo="C:\icons\5starmax.png" group-title="USA MOVIE NETWORKS",5 StarMax. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers...

ErikaJ

Hello, my logos are located on my C drive and the path is c:\icons\XXXXX.png. However, when I use the TV logo path as deescribed above Emby is not collecting that logo. This is the same path I use for my epg in NPVR and it works just fine. Is there something  am missing here? Thanks in advance. Cheers... 

ErikaJ

Good Day...Still trying to get an answer to my situation/issue. So here goes another try. I have one PC setup with Schedules Direct as my EPG provider and another PC setup with Emby as my EPG provider and I am having difficulty on the Emby machine to pull in my custom logos. The other machine has no problems with this so I am thinking it may be the naming convention of the logo.

The m3u URL is #EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="5" tvg-id="5starmax.us" tvg-name="5 StarMax" tvg-logo="c:\icons\5MAXHD.png" group-title="USA MOVIE NETWORKS",5 StarMax blah blah blah

Logo is located at c:\icons\5MAXHD.png which I name changed from post 1 as another effort. Since I cannot view the XML file for the Emby EPG, I have no idea as to the naming convention used for the logos. Both the m3u and xml files on the SD machine use 5MAXHD.png as the logo name. Can someone tell me the naming convention used in the Emby EPG or tell me where/how I can download the Embu EPG?  Thanks in advance...cheers!!

ErikaJ

Good day...Here is some additional information to help someone help me in figuring out why my channel logos are not populating. By "my" channel logos I am refering to custom logos I have made. The following 2 examples are working fine although it took 3 days for the logos to appear in Emby channel guide. The xml files are as follows:

<channel id="EPG123.59961.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>5MAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>5 StarMAX HD East</display-name>
    <display-name>520 5MAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>520</display-name>
    <display-name>520 5MAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>520</display-name>
    <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s59961_ll_h3_ad.png"width="360" height="270" />
  </channel>

<channel id="EPG123.59948.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>ACMAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>ActionMAX HD</display-name>
    <display-name>519 ACMAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>519</display-name>
    <display-name>519 ACMAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>519</display-name>
    <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s59948_ll_h3_ac.png"width="360" height="270" />
  </channel>

M3u is as follows:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="005" tvg-id="5starmax.us" tvg-name="5 StarMax" tvg-logo="c:\icons\5MAXHD.png" group-title="USA MOVIE NETWORKS",5 StarMax

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="006" tvg-id="519" tvg-name="ActionMax" tvg-logo="c:\icons\AMAXHD.png" group-title="USA MOVIE NETWORKS",ActionMax

The above channel logos did get pulled in and populated by Emby. In both m3u files the tvg-name matches with display-name of xml file. My logos are located on local "C" drive as indicated above. The following are not working.

<channel id="EPG123.34933.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>MAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>CineMAX HD</display-name>
    <display-name>515 MAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>515</display-name>
    <display-name>515 MAXHD</display-name>
    <display-name>515</display-name>
    <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s34933_ll_h3_ab.png"width="360" height="270" />
  </channel>

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="7" tvg-id="MAXHD" tvg-name="CineMax HD" tvg-logo="c:\icons\1763.PNG" group-title="USA MOVIE NETWORKS",Cinemax

I have restarted and refreshed several times in order to jar the system hoping that would help but no joy. I also tried setting up the icons in my dropbox account and pulling them in using a URL but again, no joy.  Any assistance in helping me understand what I am missing would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...cheers!!

ErikaJ

Thanks to Luke on another thread that led me to the place for channel logos. Although the end result is the same I would have rather let Emby get my channel logos via the m3u file. Maybe that will be coming in the next version (hope so). But as of now this works for me. Hopefully, on the next Emby update the metadata will remain intact. Thanks again @@Luke and keep up the fine work!! Cheers...

5d0691ca37cb6_menu.png

garyan2

If the channel logos in the XMLTV file are an issue/part of the problem, you can set EPG123 to not populate them. Just unselect the option to 'Include channel logos' in the XMLTV configuration.

ErikaJ

Good Day Garyan2...Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I did that on my last 2 attempts but for whatever reason the logos were included. No big deal but I would rather have the m3u file get my custom logos from where they are instead of having to go through the channel mapping process to get the logos attached. What I ended up doing since the ch logos were persistent in being included was to edit the m3u file with find/replace and I extracted the entire syntax line relative to ch logos. One extra step but no worries. BTW thanks for a great EPG123 proggy!!! Cheers...

• 4 years later...
joekingcool

@ErikaJ

hello did you ever find a way to get emby to use the local logos on pc from the m3u file? i cant seem to get it to work either and it seems they don't have the option to prefer local images.  i can select them locally but i agree it would be so much better if it read the m3u file. because im going thru a total rebuild right now and really don't like setting all the tweaks back to livetv. 

1 hour ago, joekingcool said:

@ErikaJ

hello did you ever find a way to get emby to use the local logos on pc from the m3u file? i cant seem to get it to work either and it seems they don't have the option to prefer local images.  i can select them locally but i agree it would be so much better if it read the m3u file. because im going thru a total rebuild right now and really don't like setting all the tweaks back to livetv. 

tvg-logo

joekingcool
6 hours ago, Luke said:

tvg-logo

yes im settings that. here is example of what each channel shows

#EXTM3U url-tvg=""
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="1" tvg-id="nbc.wtov.steubenville.oh.us" tvg-name="NBC wtov" tvg-logo="E:\programdata\logos\nbc2.png" group-title="Local",NBC wtov

if you add m3u. wait for guide refresh. shutdown emby. change  <PreferEpgChannelNumbers>false</PreferEpgChannelNumbers> to false in livetv.xml. start emby back up. it will show everything as it should and fully read all details. like name / channel /number logo . BUT when you map to a guide it reverts to what ever the guide wants. it will show your choice if you try to edit images. BUT it wont allow you to select again. 

the only way that works is to manually select and UPLOAD each logo into emby. which it then stores in metadata and updates livetv.xml and im sure it has info stored in a db as well. 

i use to be able to backup everything in appdata folder except cache and metadata "except livetv in metadata i keep"

that use to work for backing up emby. so now i nuked emby and started fresh and have to still rely on guide logos. 

so been at this all day and still livetv is not ready. im going to try older version of emby i guess.

2 hours ago, joekingcool said:

yes im settings that. here is example of what each channel shows

#EXTM3U url-tvg=""
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="1" tvg-id="nbc.wtov.steubenville.oh.us" tvg-name="NBC wtov" tvg-logo="E:\programdata\logos\nbc2.png" group-title="Local",NBC wtov

if you add m3u. wait for guide refresh. shutdown emby. change  <PreferEpgChannelNumbers>false</PreferEpgChannelNumbers> to false in livetv.xml. start emby back up. it will show everything as it should and fully read all details. like name / channel /number logo . BUT when you map to a guide it reverts to what ever the guide wants. it will show your choice if you try to edit images. BUT it wont allow you to select again. 

the only way that works is to manually select and UPLOAD each logo into emby. which it then stores in metadata and updates livetv.xml and im sure it has info stored in a db as well. 

i use to be able to backup everything in appdata folder except cache and metadata "except livetv in metadata i keep"

that use to work for backing up emby. so now i nuked emby and started fresh and have to still rely on guide logos. 

so been at this all day and still livetv is not ready. im going to try older version of emby i guess.

Older versions will prefer the guide image.

joekingcool

@Luke

i decided to do a fresh install of beta again. then moved the folder to the new hard drive i got. and started setting up.

what i found is <PreferEpgChannelNumbers>true</PreferEpgChannelNumbers> is set to true. which normally i would say yes for the majority of people. but there is no way to keep it as false. if you add m3u , shutdown emby then change to false. it will stay until you add/remove m3u or guide.

and since it is set to use guide logos by default instead of ones from m3u. before you have a chance to shutdown and change to false it already loaded logos. and another issue is when it has loaded the guide logos it wont allow you to choose the one from the m3u. 

the simplest solution is to have a on/off switch in livetv section. i found an article on api for emby but not sure if that would help. but it does show that setting. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you're able to try the 4.8 beta server, I'm about to push out an update to the m3u tuner plugin with a new option:

image.png

• 2 months later...

Support for tvg-url and url-tvg is in Emby Server 4.8.3+: