Emby Server Crashes after 3 reinstalls.......

AJAYS
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

AJAYS

I'm extremely peed off right now .......

Emby Server keeps crashing.... i've now reinstalled 3 times and thn gone through library marking titles as watched and re-organising movies into collections, adding back playlists etc etc..

I have previously posted here with server logs and .... you guys must have a crystal ball cause all i get in response is youre looking into it!!!!!

Emby seems to get to a stage where it gets information overload..... I say this because as I go through the library marking shows as watched, Emby starts to lag... it will refresh the page bit not all titles will show.. i generally stop updating watched shows about this time and either shut Emby down or do something else. However, when i get about two thirds through my shows Emby just stops refreshing and i get the loading colored circle spinning and nothing else...

This same pattern has happened 3 times now.... The last time I removed all traces of Emby from my PC and did a completely new install of server and theater...

Now its done it again..... I dont want to switch to Kodi as I love EMby....... but please pleaee please follow through with helping me this time !!!!!

PS: I don't want to hear your standard answer that it may be fixed in the next release!!!!!!

embyserver.txthardware_detection-63695279554.txtembyserver-63695279549.txtembyserver-63695279206.txtembyserver-63695278822.txtembyserver-63695278288.txt

Sammy

@@Luke

Currently I find the beta release more stable than the production release.

@@AJAYS

I don't suggest running beta as an every day driver unless you are OK with possible regression. I still run stable for all but one client, mine on my Office ShieldTV.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

AJAYS

@Luke  

Can we please follow this up - i had another post back in April that was hijacked - (EMBY stops during playback)

I can run the EMBY app no probs on my Ipad - its Emby Theater crashing the server........ 

Have you viewed the logs!?

Edited by AJAYS

AJAYS

Are we talking about this thread, or the other one?

Luke, Both threads are regarding the same basic issue - EMBY Server crashing! I was pointing out that my issues have been going on for some time now and not resolved....

Let's just focus on this thread now please - EMBY Server crashes when i access EMBY Theater from my PC...... however I can access from my Ipad app with no problems...

Logs attached above..

AJAYS

BETA Server appears to be working... will give it a few days..... :rolleyes:

Edited by AJAYS

• 1 month later...

I tried the beta server but it just stopped working following a windows update!!!!

I have paid for EMBY premiere so would appreciate if we can work out why EMBY continues to crash on my pc !!

I'm desperate for help - its driving me mental!!!!

Tell me what you need so we can fix this for good!!

You can even have remote access to my pc to see issues for yourself !!

Guest asrequested

So you're running theater and the server on the same machine? And only when you run theater is when you have a problem? Where did you install theater from?

I tried the beta server but it just stopped working following a windows update!!!!

I have paid for EMBY premiere so would appreciate if we can work out why EMBY continues to crash on my pc !!

I'm desperate for help - its driving me mental!!!!

Tell me what you need so we can fix this for good!!

You can even have remote access to my pc to see issues for yourself !!

Please attach a new emby server log. Thanks.

So you're running theater and the server on the same machine? And only when you run theater is when you have a problem? Where did you install theater from?

Was running Beta Server win-x64-4.2.0.14 and Theater downloaded from Emby site. - both on the same windows pc with all latest updates and AVG security

It had been working fine since my last post here - until yesterday following an automatic windows update.

Following update I just got timeouts when trying to access http://localhost:8096......

Now I'm just confused as Ive got multiple versions of the server and several logins...... and cant access anything!

embyserver-63698659200.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by AJAYS

Happy2Play

Was running Beta Server win-x64-4.2.0.14 and Theater downloaded from Emby site. - both on the same windows pc with all latest updates and AVG security

It had been working fine since my last post here - until yesterday following an automatic windows update.

Following update I just got timeouts when trying to access http://localhost:8096......

Now I'm just confused as Ive got multiple versions of the server and several logins...... and cant access anything!

Did you change versions?  All logs say you are running 4.1.1.0, are you trying to run multiple servers or a portable version?  Is Embyserver.exe shown in the task manager?

Did you change versions?  All logs say you are running 4.1.1.0, are you trying to run multiple servers or a portable version?  Is Embyserver.exe shown in the task manager?

When the Beta server stopped working I tried to access emby with normal server (4.1.1.0)

The server logs have been erased? for when I was running beta - unless they are in another folder ?

Logs i posted are from C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs

embyserver.exe appears in systray and appears in  task manager as background processes

when i click on theater it crashes the server and no longer appears in task manager..

Edited by AJAYS

Happy2Play

When the Beta server stopped working I tried to access emby with normal server (4.1.1.0)

The server logs have been erased? for when I was running beta - unless they are in another folder ?

Logs i posted are from C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs

embyserver.exe appears in systray and appears in  task manager as background processes

when i click on theater it crashes the server and no longer appears in task manager..

The systray is embytray.exe, separate from embyserver.exe.  But if embyserver.exe is not showing in task manager that would mean it is not running.  Is AVG possibly blocking Emby?

I see previous post updated.

Edited by Happy2Play

The systray is embytray.exe, separate from embyserver.exe.  But if embyserver.exe is not showing in task manager that would mean it is not running.  Is AVG possibly blocking Emby?

I see previous post updated.

just turned avg off and the same thinh happens..... emby theater crashes the server

Is there anything in windows event viewer about it?

all i can find in event viewer is..... ClipSVC service has shutdown - this keeps trying to activate every few minutes - nothing refering to EMBY

Happy2Play

Insider should not make a difference as my test machine is currently on Insider Preview V10.0.18936.1000.  And don't have a issue with stable of beta server with ET 3.0.8.0.

Is windows fully up to date? You're not on windows insider, are you?

updates are configured to automatic and upto date  - im not on windows insider