TV Show Extras

csa4140

I think there needs to be a distinction between 'Special Episodes' of a series, that will typically have info for them on TVDB or similar, and 'Extras' that will be things on a box set DVD like behind the scenes, bloopers, cast interviews etc.

The latter would work much better if you could drop them into a seasons extra folder much like you can do with Movie extras.

Anyone else agree?

We actually already have this distinction.

The former would be marked with "airs before" and/or "airs after" so that they show in-line and the latter would not so that they only show in the "Specials" folder.

• Like 1

funwithmedia

I think there needs to be a distinction between 'Special Episodes' of a series, that will typically have info for them on TVDB or similar, and 'Extras' that will be things on a box set DVD like behind the scenes, bloopers, cast interviews etc.

The latter would work much better if you could drop them into a seasons extra folder much like you can do with Movie extras.

Anyone else agree?

I agree. I'm sure there's a way to preserve the current 'season 0' way of doing, and have a distinction for folders called 'extras' or 'behind the scenes' etc...

In the end, special episodes would be handled as usual (seeing them within a season, etc) and have the 'making of' type content show up in a way similar to what is done in movie libraries.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

For more recent visitors to this thread, here's the relevant feature request to add Likes, +1's to:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55915-emby-server-theater-additional-extrasspecial-folder-types-for-tv-series-similar-to-movies/

Red5ive

We actually already have this distinction.

The former would be marked with "airs before" and/or "airs after" so that they show in-line and the latter would not so that they only show in the "Specials" folder.

The extras would be in the Specials folder? Or did you mean the other way round?

Red5ive

For more recent visitors to this thread, here's the relevant feature request to add Likes, +1's to:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55915-emby-server-theater-additional-extrasspecial-folder-types-for-tv-series-similar-to-movies/

Have added my like and +1.

Sad to see that topic started over two years ago though :-(

How hard would it be to copy the existing mechanic of the extras folder for movies and applying it to TV seasons from a technical standpoint @@ebr @@Luke ?

Red5ive

That part is probably not difficult. It's the presentation that is always the most work.

Presentation should just be as it is for Movies: an 'Extras' strip just below the episode list and before the 'Cast' strip.

funwithmedia

Presentation should just be as it is for Movies: an 'Extras' strip just below the episode list and before the 'Cast' strip.

It is potentially a LOT more complicated than that with TV though. You've got extras that are specific to seasons and to episodes, plus different kinds of extras, and everyone's going to have opinions about how all that should be handled. I want this functionality too (hence why I made my detailed feature request -- thanks for Like, by the way! :) ), but I understand why it will take a while to implement -- there's a lot to think through regarding how best to do this in a way which will make sense for the most people. And while I think/hope we will see this implemented eventually, I understand that there are probably many more urgent/important features to be addressed first.

• 2 months later...
mantis-kungfu

Would really love an /extras in every episode or at least season. Is there a way to do this yet? If not , when? I don;t quite understand why this would be any harder than the way extras are displayed for movies (at the bottom below the movies).

Edited by mantis-kungfu

Would really love an /extras in every episode or at least season. Is there a way to do this yet? If not , when? I don;t quite understand why this would be any harder than the way extras are displayed for movies (at the bottom below the movies).

I think this is something that we can do. It's not that it's a particularly hard thing to add, we just haven't been able to get to it yet. Thanks.

• 2 years later...