Box Sets Emby for Kodi

georgewill76

georgewill76

Hi

I am having a small problem with box sets/collections and kodi when using the emby for kodi app to sync my movies/tv/etc.  Basically everything was fine but decided to create a new box set/collection manually called Marvel Collection.  In it I manually added all the marvel movies into this new collection via Emby Server.  I still have my other collections in my Emby Server, like Iron Man Collection. Captain America collection, etc.  The problem is that when I refresh my box sets in Kodi to show they new collection it adds the new Marvel Collection to Kodi but it has removed my other individual collections, like Iron Man Collection, Ant Man Collection, etc.

When I refresh box sets I can see at the top of the screen emby for kodi scanning through all my collections and can see it display the missing collections but when I actually go into my box sets to view them they are not there.

Is there a problem with Emby for Kodi app when I have a movie assigned to two collections/box sets?

Edited by georgewill76

milonedp

I'm having the same issue (with the same movies, Marvel Cinematic Universe - I used Sort Name to sequence all 20 movies), on Kodi the movie seems like it can only exist in one collection or the other, whereas on my Android app on my phone they existed in both collections.

horstepipe

Yes afaik this is a limitation by the Kodi database. One movie can only be part of one collection.

• Like 1

milonedp

Thanks. If that is the case how can I make sure they stay in my MCU box set? Every time the metadata refreshes some jump back to thier traditional box set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

The add-on will add the last boxset encountered in the list of boxsets. Kodi only supports one set per film. What you should do instead is make an emby playlist of the marvel collection movies. Or make a smart playlist in Kodi that would combine your marvel movies together using custom tags or filters.

Edited by Angelblue05

georgewill76

Can you create the emby playlist so it appears in the collections section?  Would like to keep all my collections together so they dont appear in my movies folder.

Angelblue05

Emby playlists are dynamic items in Kodi (they are loaded from Emby as you access the list). So you'd just make a shortcut to it. Or a submenu shortcut that would point to it. With using custom tags, you can do more with synced content. I haven't really tested this. Go ahead and experiment and report back what you found.

Unfortunately, until Kodi changes how boxsets are assigned, options are limited to work around this.

Edited by Angelblue05