New NextPVR Recordings Not Showing in Emby. Schedule not updating

veletron

veletron

Hi

This is NEW behaviour as of some recent NPVR/Emby Server update...

- If I schedule a recording in Emby, and then visit the Schedule in Emby, the new recording does not show up (the old ones are still there)

- If I start NPVR, I can see that the NPVR has the new scheduled recording

- NPVR correctly records the programme

- The new programme does not show up in the Emby 'Next Pvr Recorded TV' menu item.

Any idea what broke it eg whether it was the NPVR update or the Emby Server update, and also how I can resolve??

I can revert versions as appropriate. There appears not to have been an update to the NPVR Emby plugin.

Nigel

laserheat

The same behavior started happening with my setup after the Emby update. I set the refresh Internet channels to every 15 minutes and recordings show up. Not sure if that is the correct way to fix, please advise.

The plugin needs to be updated now based on the core changes so that it isn't necessary to do that.

emveepee

The plugin needs to be updated now based on the core changes so that it isn't necessary to do that.

Where are the instructions or the PR that I can use to refer to so I can make this change?

Martin

The core needs to notify the server when to refresh the recordings list. Is there anyway for the plugin to be notified by next pvr? If not that's ok, I was just going to update the plugin to do it every x number of minutes, probably 15 like you did.

emveepee

The way we do it with Kodi is poll the backend and if there are backend changes the Kodi API allows us to force a recording list update.  Kodi is also smart enough to know when recordings it knows about start and stop which is probably just as good in a environment totally controlled by Emby.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
veletron

Hi

Just seen this! Is this change live in the current nextpvr 3.3.1.0 plugin? In assuming so as recordings deleted in Emby are now updating in Emby after a delay.

I notice that when I delete the last item of a series in Emby that the recording disappears, but the folder for that recording 'hangs around' for some time afterwards.

Hopefully a polling or event based mechanism rather than 15 min timer can be employed in the future?

Nigel