Menu for kodi not synching

Drego344

Angelblue05

@@Drego344

Really strange. Are you able to access your server folder > data > syncdata > you'll see 3 json files.

Can you redo the update trigger test. Just go in the webclient > 3 dots on an episode or movie > edit metadata > save. Take note of the item id in the url id={itemid}&...) Let me know what it is and provide those 3 json files.

This will confirm if the Kodi companion is indeed recording events or not. We'll go from there.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@makarai

Are you able to assist this user regarding this. I don't know anything about freenas, your help is appreciated. Thank you.

@@Drego344

Really strange. Are you able to access your server folder > data > syncdata > you'll see 3 json files.

Can you redo the update trigger test. Just go in the webclient > 3 dots on an episode or movie > edit metadata > save. Take note of the item id in the url id={itemid}&...) Let me know what it is and provide those 3 json files.

This will confirm if the Kodi companion is indeed recording events or not. We'll go from there.

Edited by Angelblue05

makarai

@@Angelblue05 @@Drego344

What is the problem? 

Freenas cannot scan folders on file change you have to update the library manually, or have your other tools (sonarr, radarr) setup that they query the emby library refresh. 

Drego344

@@makarai the problem is that emby for kodi use to update when you start up kodi and process any changes between the server and kodi.... now its not processing the updates onces kodi is started

Angelblue05

@@Angelblue05 @@Drego344

What is the problem?

Freenas cannot scan folders on file change you have to update the library manually, or have your other tools (sonarr, radarr) setup that they query the emby library refresh.

Can you help this user retrieve the syncdata I asked? He doesn’t know where server files are located. I’m trying to confirm the plugin is indeed recording events, because I have not changed the fast sync since 4x came out...

makarai

Sure. I assume you installed Emby via the emphasized methods, so you'll find the folder 

/mnt/TANK/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/var/db/emby-server/data/SyncData

TANK is typically refered to as the location of your zpools

for me that is

/mnt/evo/iocage/jails/emby-server-beta-41010_2/root/var/db/emby-server/data/SyncData
Edited by makarai
  • Like 1

Drego344

@@Angelblue05 i did some testing and this is what i found out.....i shut down kodi and added a random movie to my server, when it showed up on the webclient, i reopen kodi and in a few seconds the movie was there...i did the same for tvshows and i wasnt so lucky.... so it seems like theres a problems with the kodi companion recording tvshows events.... i am still trying to get you those json, just wanted to let you know, to see if this can help...

• Like 1

Drego344

no joy...i updated to 4.0.23 repaired my library and shut down kodi.....i marked some episodes as watch on the server, open kodi and they are still unwatched... is this an isolated situation, is anyone else experiencing this?

Angelblue05

Yes, as far as I’m aware, you are indeed the only one with this issue. That’s why it’s harder to troubleshoot and why I need those files to confirm that indeed episode updates are correctly recorded by the server plugin.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Drego344

Can you retry with 4.0.25a. I discovered an error in the code that could explain what you were seeing. Fingers crossed this is resolved with the latest beta. Let me know.

Drego344

Still no joy.....I repaired the library and marked some episodes in the web client as watched, but they are still showing in kodI as un-watched.... Like I explained movies are fine, if kodI is open everything works perfect, if I mark something as watch it immediately update kodi... If I shut down kodi and Mark episodes as watch then open kodi, it's not synching up with the web client...only tv shows are doing this..... On a positive note while repairing my library the scan is super fast...

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, well I’m not sure what the issue could be really then. It must be with the server plugin after all, but why only tv shows? Have you been able to retrieve those file from the plugin data dir?

Angelblue05

@marakai

Can you tell us how to retrieve those files to post them here, please? Thank you.

Drego344

now i keep getting this error every time kodi start  Failed to retrieve latest content updates. No content updates will be applied until kodi restarts

Angelblue05

@@Luke

What are those monitor exceptions in the previous post? Are they stopping server events from being triggered?

If you recall I explained this before for freebsd, the mono implementation of filesystemwatcher is not fully functional.

Apparently there are community patches on freebsd ports to fix it but I have no idea what the process is to integrate those.

As far as the sync process is concerned, it just means you'll have to wait for the next library scan before the events will fire.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah right, apologies.

It’s just strange, it only effects his tv shows. Movies are receiving updates. Ah well.

Well @@Drego344

I recommend you use Embycon. You’ll have a better experience, since it will pull your content in real-time, your difficulties with tv show updates being recorded won’t have any effects.