Emby Theater and Logitech Harmony Hub/Elite remote

Michael.D.Pine

thelangs

Oh geez, when i restarted the hub, it wasn't showing up as a harmony hub anymore it was showing up as a Harmony keyboard and I think I confused that with my Logitech keyboard/mouse which is connected via a seperate receiver, ahhhh it's all too much the world is falling in :)

Will be back at it tonight, just got into work and catching up on the thread. Tonight though I think I am going to be blowing away my Harmony account, it won't effect my existing old connection with a new account, going to reset everything and start again from scratch. I think I am understanding when you are both saying about the sync, but it is a pretty horrible ecosystem at the moment. The desktop app is definately easier to use but then it seems the mobile app is easier to integrate everything. Can't wait until I finally can press a key on the remote and something happens on the PC :)

Starting from scratch is a good idea.  Logitech is basing everything on the mobile app. Granted some items(remote customization) is easier with the desktop app, BUT to get the initial system up and running the mobile app is best approach.  

Initial process:

(1) Make sure your phone has the wi-fi on and is connected to your home network (which should be the same as the hub will be on)

(2)  The mobile app should discover the hub via the wifi connection

(3) Add your devices

(4) Make sure PC has Bluetooth in discover mode

(5) Add a "watch pc" activity using the MOBILE app, during the activity process, it will try to connect via Bluetooth to the computer. If it syncs, you are good to go. If it doesn't sync, move the hub as close as you can to the PC  (I mean real close), and try again with the sync

(6)  This is optional, but you may want to uninstall and reinstall Emby theater

(7) Bring up ET, leave all the defaults at this time

(8) Using the MOBILE app, start the "watch PC" activity. go the screen with the dial(arrows) The basic media functions should work. If not, make sure ET display is set as "auto or TV"

(9)  NOW try the remote, it should work, if not, using the mobile app, resync the remote to the hub.

(10)  If you need customization, use the mobile app or the desktop app and SYNC with the MOBILE app

(11)  add any other devices and activities with whatever program looks easier to you, (desktop or mobile)

Good Luck

Guest asrequested

Starting from scratch is a good idea.  Logitech is basing everything on the mobile app. Granted some items(remote customization) is easier with the desktop app, BUT to get the initial system up and running the mobile app is best approach.  

Initial process:

(1) Make sure your phone has the wi-fi on and is connected to your home network (which should be the same as the hub will be on)

(2)  The mobile app should discover the hub via the wifi connection

(3) Add your devices

(4) Make sure PC has Bluetooth in discover mode

(5) Add a "watch pc" activity using the MOBILE app, during the activity process, it will try to connect via Bluetooth to the computer. If it syncs, you are good to go. If it doesn't sync, move the hub as close as you can to the PC  (I mean real close), and try again with the sync

(6)  This is optional, but you may want to uninstall and reinstall Emby theater

(7) Bring up ET, leave all the defaults at this time

(8) Using the MOBILE app, start the "watch PC" activity. go the screen with the dial(arrows) The basic media functions should work. If not, make sure ET display is set as "auto or TV"

(9)  NOW try the remote, it should work, if not, using the mobile app, resync the remote to the hub.

(10)  If you need customization, use the mobile app or the desktop app and SYNC with the MOBILE app

(11)  add any other devices and activities with whatever program looks easier to you, (desktop or mobile)

Good Luck

Curious. I did very little of that. But whatever works :)

thelangs

Well, in your experience if there is another method for this user to solve the initial question on how to get bluetooth pc to work, then outline it. Giving vague answers like it "works for me", "use the desktop program", or "logitech is dropping the ball" seems petty. If you are the techie with the answers, share them.. I hate these forums where no one steps up to the plate and helps, just gives vague answers.

Guest asrequested

Well, in your experience if there is another method for this user to solve the initial question on how to get bluetooth pc to work, then outline it. Giving vague answers like it "works for me", "use the desktop program", or "logitech is dropping the ball" seems petty. If you are the techie with the answers, share them.. I hate these forums where no one steps up to the plate and helps, just gives vague answers.

My apologies. I meant no hostility with my comment. 

Michael.D.Pine

Ok look I'm greatful for any help I can get on these forums, so I'm always cautious about being snippy done it before in the past on other forums and try not to get sucked into it.

So yes "It works for me" is a frustrating response but it also means some one is here reading the thread actively giving feedback so it's to me try and get the information out I need by also providing good information :)

Information I have gotten has been incredibly useful, so thank you both very much, I wish it just worked for me as well seems strange though because for me it hasn't worked out to be that way :(

Will keep trying though because it does apparently work so that gives me some hope. It's disappointing there isn't more information though about this kind of integration on these forums, I would have thought this is a common setup, Emby and Logitech.

Guest asrequested

I really didn't do all that much. I just launched the desktop app, added my devices, configured them how I wanted, and pressed sync (but you can press sync in the mobile app, later). And to pair the bluetooth, I went to the windows add bluetooth device, then pressed the pairing button on the hub, wait a few seconds to see harmony keyboard, add it, and I was done.

Edited by Doofus

Michael.D.Pine

All good, like I said I appreciate all the help and I have path way forward, I just there isn't anything wrong at all with the hub/remote which isn't causing grief, not convinced by the hub is connecting correctly via bluetooth. I only started see-ing Logitech Keyboard after I reset the Hub which is very strange before I did that it was say Harmony Hub or something like that. I have a new bluetooth adaptor to try out tonight as well, so feeling optimistic for now :) And holiday in Australia tomorrow to try and get it working!

Michael.D.Pine

Oh my flapping holy woly goly goopies! I got it working :)

ok, I don't think I ever would have got this working if I hadn't gone from scratch again, created a new account in a different email address, so it just had no lingering information. Everything went as laid out by @@thelangs, so basically I think what was definately missing was the bluetooth sync between the Hub and the PC, it did a whole section about configuring the bluetooth services which I never got previously, so now everything is connected and sync'ed up and basic commands working on Emby Theater.

Wow, thanks so much for all the help and hopefully now this thread is here for posterity in case anyone else has a similar issue, now I can get onto the good things and configuring everything to do with Emby and the home automation stuff but happy to go through that again, this is good to have this nailed down.

Again really appreciate all the help, might have been a lot longer in getting to where I am now else, going to be a really fun day tomorrow now.

As a side not I did the initial configuration/setup with the app and I just added a watchpc activity that was it, going to start adding the other devices now.

cheers

Michael