27 replies to this topic

#21 Steverido OFFLINE  

Steverido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Local time: 10:05 PM

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:02 AM

How did you enable mkv playback in wmc? How do you have your codecs setup? You aren't always going to get FF and RW to work out of the box even with codec packs. I had really tweak my codecs to get FF and RW working g BUT skip ahead and instant reply are much easier. I have seen Incorrect codec configurations act like network issues.

I was using MPC-HC previously which has LAV Codecs.

I also have LAV Codecs installed for when I use the internal player.

If there is particular settings that I need to take into account then please advise.

Thanks.

#22 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts
  • Local time: 06:05 PM

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

I have switched to the internal player for ease of use to see what is going on. Actually noticed that the picture is better than MPC-HC. I will keep this option.

I have attached 3 logs from the Server log folder.

Hope this helps and let me know if you want me to try anything.

Hi.  I need the log from Emby for Media Center, not the server.  However, the fact that there is a transcode log on the server tells me that the issue is still the fact that your EMC machine cannot access the file location as you defined it.

#23 Steverido OFFLINE  

Steverido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:54 PM

Hi ebr, I have attached the file.

I don't understand your response because it is accessing the other PC and server because it is playing the file.

Like jachin99 states, it is acting like a network issue.

Hopefully the log will reveal the issue.

Attached Files

#24 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

I don't understand your response because it is accessing the other PC and server because it is playing the file.

It is able to do that by going through the Emby Server.  You need the machine to be able to directly access the file locations instead.  This is what is not setup properly.

From the EMC machine you need to be able to type the path to the media into an Explorer window and be able to get there that way.  This requires both proper network sharing setup and proper setup of the Optional Network Path in the library setup in Emby.

#25 Steverido OFFLINE  

Steverido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

It is able to do that by going through the Emby Server.  You need the machine to be able to directly access the file locations instead.  This is what is not setup properly.

From the EMC machine you need to be able to type the path to the media into an Explorer window and be able to get there that way.  This requires both proper network sharing setup and proper setup of the Optional Network Path in the library setup in Emby.

How do I do this from the EMC PC? I have the folders shared within Windows. Is there a Wiki for this please?

That file that I played which you can see in the logs which sits in my Series folder is setup in Optional Network Path as per the Wiki page.

\\Server\Series

Is this incorrect?if so, how should it be please?

#26 jachin99 OFFLINE  

jachin99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 06:15 PM

Your network path looks correct. We're you able to explore your file paths via the emby interface or did you have to type in the path for emby to see it. I have noticed that sometimes it takes a PC reset to get emby to correctly find my file paths. Have you disabled any versions of SMB? Is this on a win 7 machine?

Edited by jachin99, 24 March 2019 - 06:16 PM.

#27 dansblackcat OFFLINE  

dansblackcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Local time: 06:05 AM
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:38 PM

How do I do this from the EMC PC? I have the folders shared within Windows. Is there a Wiki for this please?

That file that I played which you can see in the logs which sits in my Series folder is setup in Optional Network Path as per the Wiki page.

\\Server\Series

Check my reply from post #9

#28 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124234 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

\\Server\Series

On the EMC machine, are you able to access \\Server\Series from windows explorer? You'll need to make sure that is working first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users