Emby on NVidia Shield not choosing 4K version of movie automatically...

Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV

So I always rip the 4K and 1080p versions of movies since we only have 1 4K TV. On my Nvidia Shield, I have the max streaming bitrate set to 100mb/sec. However, whenever I go into a multiple version movie, it now ALWAYS chooses plays the 1080p version by default. i always have to select the 4K version, in order to play it. The 4K version is the first choice in the drop down, but it is always on the 1080p choice first.

Before the changes that removed the "Choose best version automatically" option, when I would choose that, it would play the 4K version automatically. Not anymore.

My server is a QNAP TS451+ running version 4.0.2.0 and I am on the latest Android TV Emby version. Neither the 4K version or the 1080p versions are transcoded either on my server.

How do I get it to default to the 4K version, like it did before?

It thinks the 1080p version is the most efficient. There probably is some other factor preventing the 4K version from direct playing. Please try playing the 4K version from the Shield, then attach the ffmpeg log that is created for it. Thanks.

Chuck_IV

Just posted inthe other thread that all my 4K files direct play perfectly on Emby(my server will choke on 4k transcoding so I know it's direct playing). No issues there. It's just what it defaults to in the menus that the issue. If I manually choose the 4k version, it direct plays fine.

CBers

How do I get it to default to the 4K version, like it did before?

There is no way currently to make a version the default.

They are listed alphabetical I believe, as my 1080p version is always first.

Can't remember why @@ebr removed the "Choose the correct version" option, but it's in the Testing forum somewhere.

The default selection will be improved with the next release of Emby Server, thanks.