Shield TV server database backup?

robjbw

Hi. So, I don't really know what happened. But basically after updating my Emby server from beta stage to the stable (4.0.1.0), my library wouldn't load after opening Emby from any device. My library wouldn't display; Home wouldn't show movies etc.. posters, nothing. I tried shutting the server, restarting it. I also restarted my Shield TV. Nothing worked. So, I did the unimaginable... I cleared my Emby server data and rebuilt my library. Yes yes, I should have sent to log and pinpoint the cause. But anyhow. Now its working again. But like to avoid this problem in the future. So, first question is. Even though I had Emby create and save nfo's into each movie folder and poster, fanart etc.. somehow when Emby scraped my media again, some movies (a lot of them) now have different pictures (overwrote the originals). Why it doesn't just used my local ones? It was created by Emby originally so it shouldn't have been a problem. Second and most important question is: How do I backup my Emby server database from my Shield TV internal storage? Cause next time, I could just restore the database. Or is it possible to move the server database into an external drive? Sorry for the long mumble jumble. But I really like Emby and don't want to have this situation happen again. Thanks.

PS; before updating to the stable version of Emby server, everything was fine.

Edited by robjbw

Quick update, upon reading other thread. I realized that I had also installed the "Trailer plugin" and I believe that was the culprit. Darn it. Erased my library for nothing. Anyhow, question still stands. Possible to backup the database in the Shield TV? So we could restore in a event of crash?