Frequent pausing on Xbox One. All other devices fine.

bennymac

bennymac

Hi everyone,

I recently reloaded my server from scratch due to a virus. All hardware/software is the same running EMby 4.0.1.0 on Windows 10.

All remote uses have a 2mb cap on bandwidth and playback is via all types of devices, Roku, FireTV and Xbox - all is working fine except playback on the Xbox One and i'm not sure why.

Prior to the reload they never had an issues. In my attempt to resolve the only thing I changed was setting hardware acceleration to no.

They tell it pauses every so often and on the dashboard I can see stop/start every 20-30 secs or so.

I have attached logs. The user in question is called "Ritchies"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ben.

embyserver-63684991586.txt

embyserver-63685008000.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by bennymac

nagetech

Just throwing this out there, I to had pausing and issues with my xbox one playing. It is in my living room and it has a solid wifi connection to emby. When I turned off throttling all together, that has stopped the constant pausing or jittering I was getting. Maybe give that a shot?

@@softworkz

• 1 month later...

We are having very bad experiences on XB1 as well.  My wife tried to use it yesterday and gave up entirely.  She said the experience on the nvidia shield was not too bad.   On the XB1, there was glitchy and pausing of playback.  XB1 not using wireless but wired connectivity.  I've tried Roku, Shield, and Xb1.   Shield is by far the best.  Roku is close to acceptable.  XB1 is just bad.