Kodi Upgraded to Kodi 18 - Can't play anything.

JoshFink

cw-kid

@@Angelblue05

I looking at one of the Firestick now.

The Kodi Emby add-ons repo is version 1.0.4

The actual Emby add-on is version 4.0.5

So is it already upto date?

Nothing plays however a popup keeps appearing Emby error check the logs.

Gonna update to Leia and reset the DB.

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

The new Emby add-on is asking me new question.

Enable artwork caching? If not Kodi will still cache your artwork at a slower pace.

Yes or No ??

Kodi is set in the advanced settings XML file to cache all images at a lower resolution than it does by default.

I thought we just used Kodi's artwork caching?

Is there something new with the Emby add-on?

I've selected NO

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Now it's asking if I want to sync empty TV shows and then Rotten Tomatoe ratings.

Now it's asking:

Choose the Emby views to sync to Kodi. You can optionally sync libraries at a later time.

Sync Later or Proceed.

I see looks like we can now choose which Emby libraries to sync to Kodi. I just selected All.

It's now started to sync, wow a lot more questions are now asked.

Angelblue05

It would seem so, the repo version is 1.0.4 for stable, yes. Reset the database on the firetv stick.

For sync questions:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Settings#sync

The artwork cache has nothing to do with lower resolution. It is to force Kodi to cache artwork as it syncs the libraries. This way, when it's done, your artwork is already pre-loaded into the Kodi database. Kodi does this normally, but as you navigate your content so it's a slower process without the setting enabled.

Yes you can select the libraries to sync.

Changelog: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi/?p=688358

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

I see that makes sense. However I selected No on the artwork cache question, I will select yes next time on the second stick.

So I guess Kodi will just start caching the artwork as they are browsing around the libraries then.

Thanks.

Angelblue05

You can still enable the setting in the add-on settings, then it will cache as new content is added in the future.

I am looking to re-add the cache all artwork task.

However @@cw-kid

Note that force caching is not really recommended for low powered devices. You can try it, but it might crash Kodi. The good news is there is now a restore sync in progress process. So if Kodi crashes, you no longer have to start from scratch.

cw-kid

Kodi just crashed and bombed out to Firestick start screen. it had synced the TV shows and was starting to do the music library.

cw-kid

I've just turned on that settings in the add-on "Enable artwork caching"

Looks to be a new setting "Compress artwork (reduces quality)". That is currently turned off.

As I said I set the advancedsettings.xml file to use lower Res artwork as you previously recommended for the Firesticks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You have a large music library right? Disable cache artwork. Let me know if it's ok then. If not, can you provide your Kodi log? Thank you.

cw-kid

Yeah big music library.

In the settings Paging max items is set to 200 default is 15 it says. Assume it's been on 200 when it first synced when I first setup the stick

I am remote over the WAN at the moment. Might take the stick home and put on the LAN for the sync.

I've turned off Artwork caching again.