No Streaming after Server Upgrade

jj12345

if anyone here runs the server dev build please try the latest and let me know how it goes. i couldn't reproduce the issue tonight unfortunately, but i have seen it before so i know it's there. but i put some additional checks in to try and make sure those temp files get cleaned up. If there's an issue please post server logs.

• Like 1

jj12345

I may have a different problem...

1. Tried to watch a show last night... timed out like I've reported.  

2. Connected to the server found a handful of files in that temp folder so I deleted them.  

3. Tried to watch again and had the same problem.  

4. Restarted media server.

5. Finally able to watch the show.

radeon

2. Connected to the server found a handful of files in that temp folder so I deleted them.  

Are you restarting the machine or the MB3 Server software instance?

can you post a log of that?

jj12345

In the larger log ~23:08 was failure followed by deleting files in the temp folder followed by repeated failure.  In the smaller log created after I restarted the MB3 server app ~23:11 is success.

server-63535144451.zip

econ

I too am seeing the same issue with not being able to watch videos remotely off the roku anymore.  Almost identical to @@jj12345 issue of retrieving video progress to 15% and stalling.  However, if you give it enough time (sometimes 2-3 minutes) the video will eventually load, play for 5-10 seconds and then stall out back to the loading screen making it unwatchable.  Web browser off of the same remote network plays flawlessly.  It doesn't seem to matter if the video is direct play or transcoding to the roku, same stalling issues occur.

I have been unable to get it working by trying the above solutions of deleting the files in C:\Users\{YourUsername}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp or rebooting the server.

One key thing I have noticed it that there is almost no network traffic when attempting to retrieve the video via the roku.  

Running server 3.0.5241.42834 and roku 1.17.5

hoxtonia

Upgraded to the dev build of the server and roku and NowTV boxes all playing fine so thanks for that. Have some new issues however not related to roku that appeared after moving to dev that I will post in the server forum thanks @@Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

econ

Upgraded to the dev build of the server and roku and NowTV boxes all playing fine so thanks for that. Have some new issues however not related to roku that appeared after moving to dev that I will post in the server forum thanks @@Luke

@@hoxtonia What build are you running?  I have Version 3.0.5244.3878 and am still seeing the issue.

hoxtonia

Version 3.0.5241.42834

hoxtonia

@@econ I have just updated to 3.05244.3878 - will test and report back...

hoxtonia

I can confirm that my remote nowTV boxes are all working without issue now.....loads and streams fine (as does the ipad remotely as well)....distant family all smiles again.....

• Like 1

econ

At this point because of the changes that might have possibly fixed it, it's not worth debugging on the release build. best thing to do is either wait for the next server release, or grab the dev build and report your results.

@@Luke which dev version has the possible fix in it?  I am running 3.0.5245.31526 and still have issues streaming the roku off the network.  If needed, I can repost logs sometime tomorrow when I am off my network.

Lee

I've got a strange one to add to this. JUST got a roku 2xs, worked great straight off the bat. today I encountered this issue. sure enough temp-encode folder is full. BUT, when I delete everything it fills up with at least 20 .TS files and nothing is connected to the server (according to the dashboard!)

Lee

Whooooaa, just looked again clicked select all 1,187 items!

Maybe it's queueing the items that were requested previously that didn't play???

Lee

FYI after shutting down server, deleting files, restarting server. No new temp files created

At this point because of the changes that might have possibly fixed it, it's not worth debugging on the release build. best thing to do is either wait for the next server release, or grab the dev build and report your results.