Emby for Kodi 4.0.1: Added Rottentomatoes ratings

Burrito78

Burrito78

Hi,

got the update for Emby for Kodi 4 today and of course the Addon had to do the "new install" routine to be properly set-up and resync/rebuild the local library (i think this is because of big internal changes).

It asked for Rotten Tomatoes scores to be synched and i said to myself: Sure why not, a sync doesn't hurt. Nice to have.

But then it plastered these Rotten Tomatoes scores over all my posters and that is a change i certainly didn't ask for. I don't care very much for RT ratings so this only gets in the way for me.

Disabling wasn't an option from the Estuary settings because in OSMC the Estuary settings don't show the setting for "show Ratings".

Disabling in Emby for Kodi was the only way to get rid of them again but then i had to rebuild the database again.

Maybe the dialog box should make it more clear what happens when someone selects to sync the RT scores? Just a suggestion.

Regards,

Burrito78

Edited by Burrito78

Angelblue05

Is this not clear how to enable/handle those? I guess I'll add it to the wiki as well. But people don't seem to read that either.

The wiki: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Settings#sync

The RT will display however the skin sees fit. So there's really no type of warning that would fit. In Embuary which is the best skin to go with Emby for Kodi, that rating display how it is in the web client.

But it's an easy fix to disable the setting and pick which library to update or repair.

5c5106d6d4f51_rt.png

Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

All skins handle it differently. Some of them don't care about it, too.

@@Angelblue05

"Replace Kodi's internal User Ratings with Rotten Tomatoes" or something like that is more clear I guess.

Angelblue05

From the wiki: 

Sync Rotten Tomatoes ratings
Requires the OMDb server plugin and OMDb enabled as a metadata provider for your movies library. The ratings are retrieve from Emby. This replaces the user ratings in Kodi.

Burrito78

OK, thanks for the replies guys. This seems to be an OSMC issue then that i can't disable the display of ratings at all through the skin (which should be possible on a default Kodi skin).

• Like 1