4.0.0.2 Reordered all media - used BU plug in but no reorder

blumamba

Happy2Play

Can we go over what you see in the web client.

Go over folder structure for one of the series that isn't appearing properly.

If you created a new library and moved a Series that is not displaying correctly into that library, does it display properly?

blumamba

The folder structure is exactly the same as it has always been which is set up per the wiki and to my knowledge hasnt changed in several years.  I have used the same folder structure set up for years now.  The folder structure is the same as the ones scanned in, and keep in mind that the shows that are now not scanning in did previous to 4.0.01, displayed and played correctly even after I the 4.0 upgrade.  It wasnt until I reset in the dashboard the file locations to see if that would fix the movie order issue after the backups failed to do so.  The back ups do allow all of the shows to show and display all episodes.  I did not try to scan in another series until after 4.0.01 to which I found the issue as it would not scan the episodes.

The file locations were previously set using the manual method as it would not pick up my server (same pc I was using, not a client) on the network.  After the update to 4.0 the server showed up so I deleted the manual location and entered the server location using the "add" network.  After it scanned in everything I found it did not solve any of the issues and created the issue we have now.  It will not fully scan in the TV series library even though nothing in the file structure has changed.

I added the screen shots to the folder with the logs and videos in it to see if that helps you.

You will see the the screen shots show the scanned in series and the non scanned series progression as well as a shot of the scanned in episode playing correctly.  After the 4.0.02 only one other none scanned series showed up and it only displays 3 episodes on the banner but upon entering the show only shows 1 episode.

Does that help any?

blumamba

I figured out the fix.  Just not sure of the cause?

The fix was similar the the solution for the movies reorder issue only I had to manually rescan each individual season for each show episode to show up, using the replace metadata.

None of the metadata was filled in on the shows I mentioned, but after an individual manual season rescan all is well again.

I am not sure why it did not scan them all in as the folder structure is exactly the same.  Nothing is different from those that werent scanned in, so Its not the folder structure.

So the data just isnt being populated for some reason with out the manual individual season scan.

I hope the fix helps solve the issue.  I can do more testing if required.