Searching/Filtering movies by (original?) spoken language of film

bric

I've been looking around and the database doesn't appear to write any information about the language(s) spoken in the movies.

The metadata files (I'm using sidecars) do seem to track this information.  At least for the movies I looked at.

Also, mkv files track this in their own (internal) metadata (i.e., the language of the track).

I'm hoping there is some way of searching or filtering movies by (original?) spoken language of film so that (for example) I could see all the Spanish language films I have.  Or all the French Language.  Or...etc.

Is this something that has already been addressed?

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Sorry, there is not a filter/search option for media with a specific audio track language.

But yes this information is tracked in the Media Info.

fl_ori4n

Hello,

To me it would be more useful to have a filter based on the audio languages of the movies.

I'm leaving in an international city, and if I watch a movie with someone who don't speak English it would be cool to see all the movies I have in a language we both talks :)

I'm sure it can be a bit "wonky" sometimes, some format of movies doesn't display this information.

If we can force the other cases by changing some metadata it would be amazing, But still even only having the first option will be really helpful to find the movies who gives multi languages choices.

Thanks

Florian

@@fl_ori4n

As a workaround, the smart playlist in Kodi reads the audio tracks in the file (if the file metadata supports it ... e.g., mkv filetype) to see what languages are available.

If you have file formats that don't support it (e.g., avi) then it's relatively quick to repackage (without re-encoding) using something like mkvtoolnix.

Unfortunately, I've been using the excellent EmbyCon plugin currently, and you will need the other (original?) emby plugin to get things working with the smart playlist.

Good luck

Edited by bric