Streaming Music from Emby App/Web to Kodi breaks Artwork

QDivision

Angelblue05

I am not certain yet if it is yet, but that's what we saw in your logs. My fanart also is at artist level, but the fanart is returned with the song. I just need to do more testing.

In the meantime, can you try to repeat this? Try removing artist/album/songs from Emby. Refresh your library. Then once they are removed, re-add them and see if the issue persists.

Angelblue05

No, I mean just remove a single artist. But if that is too difficult. Create a new artist/album/song entry for testing purposes :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's just for some reason the artist fanart is not returned with your song and so it ends up being empty. I'm not sure why this is happening. 

@@Luke

Is the artist fanart supposed to be returned with the song? Or how can we troubleshoot this?

Edited by Angelblue05

QDivision

@@Luke I see them in the web app on the artist detail section not the album detail. It has worked before and it still works if I start the song from Kodi itself.

QDivision

Nope, I don't see that! I only see it on the artist level. I also don't think I ever have but it has worked previously.

I have made a separate post a few days ago about not seeing the artist backdrop on the album level or the song level on the web app.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69362-music-fanart-at-albumsong-level/

So this is likely an emby server issue although don't understand why I seem to be the only one having the issue, I have a fairly standard installation.

Edited by DIY-Sensei
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
QDivision

@@Angelblue05 I've discovered another playback method that breaks the artwork. If you start party mode in kodi, the album art and fanart doesn't get pulled through (not sure if this also applies to playlists made in Kodi)

Edited by DIY-Sensei
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Angelblue05 I've discovered another playback method that breaks the artwork. If you start party mode in kodi, the album art and fanart doesn't get pulled through (not sure if this also applies to playlists made in Kodi)

Confirmed and I will look into why this is happening. Thank you for reporting this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Just keeping you updated, sualfred found a thing to help with this situation. However we are still not able to make artwork appear.

I am going to reach out to the Kodi folks, hopefully they will have an idea. Huge thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
QDivision

The latest emby update has fixed the fanart not appearing and by the looks of it Kodi RC2 will fix the party mode artwork.

sualfred

Yeah, we were in touch with the Kodi devs and all playback from the music DB (incl. partymode) will work again in RC2. Only song playback via widget or PlayMedia() built in function will cause missing artworks. But that won't be fixed for Leia. Too late to the party.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1