Emby only retrieving some TV series episode information and not others

mtouchto

mtouchto

Why does Emby retrieve the synopsis of some tv show season episodes and not other. For example, all of the Dr. Katz episodes have a short synopsis of each episode. Blacklist series has none (except for the season and episode number and episode title). There are many other examples of Emby not retrieving for TV series episodes. I have tried scanning all libraries but has done no good. Anyone have any possible solutions? I really think Emby is a great media server. Just wondering if there is something I can do to make it even better for me. 

Edited by mtouchto

HI there, Emby retrieves for all, but have you compared to tvdb to see that they have a synopsis for these titles? Assuming tvdb is your highest priority metadata fetcher.

Also keep in mind that tvdb does not have any synopsis for seasons.

Happy2Play

Why does Emby retrieve the synopsis of some tv show season episodes and not other. For example, all of the Dr. Katz episodes have a short synopsis of each episode. Blacklist series has none (except for the season and episode number and episode title). There are many other examples of Emby not retrieving for TV series episodes. I have tried scanning all libraries but has done no good. Anyone have any possible solutions? I really think Emby is a great media server. Just wondering if there is something I can do to make it even better for me. 

How are you scanning?  Could this information not been available at the time the item was imported?  Already imported items will have generated metadata so Emby will not by default pull more without choosing that options (Missing or All).