Show User (rotten tomatoes) Ratings

tomnjerry74
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

tomnjerry74

Hello,

Does anybody know how to make sure the user ratings are automatically downloaded and saved to the metadata? Whenever I import new content only the star rating is downloaded.

Thanks

• Solution

Hi, have you enabled the Omdb movie metadata provider for your movie library? 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Ha11ster

@@Luke,

The Rotten Tomatoe(RT) metadata available inside EMBY is RT's "Critics Consensus". I believe what @@tomnjerry74 is asking for(and the reason I logged in to request this as well), is to have the option to choose RT Audience Score instead of the (out of touch) 'Critics Consensus' ratings.

Both would be nice, but Audience Score is preferred. 

Thanks! 

5c5674de9b69b_20190202_205740.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The problem is we don't have a source for this information.

will you ever get it?    Because I also see the massive decline in the critic's reliability and have noticed more often than not the audience score fits so much closer with my own opinions to movies.  

At the moment we're doing the best that we can. Unfortunately to get data from RT would require a large monetary commitment from us.

• 1 year later...
quertiy

At least showing the ratings you have when ordering by rating would be an incredible enhancement.

Edited by quertiy

Jdiesel

Is there an issue with how the omdb metadata is being processed? When I compare the RT ratings from omdb to what is being displayed it is different.

OMDb output for Mad Max Fury Road (2015)

{"Title":"Mad Max: Fury Road","Year":"2015","Rated":"R","Released":"15 May 2015","Runtime":"120 min","Genre":"Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller","Director":"George Miller","Writer":"George Miller, Brendan McCarthy, Nick Lathouris","Actors":"Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne","Plot":"In a post-apocalyptic wasteland, a woman rebels against a tyrannical ruler in search for her homeland with the aid of a group of female prisoners, a psychotic worshiper, and a drifter named Max.","Language":"English, Russian","Country":"Australia, USA, South Africa","Awards":"Won 6 Oscars. Another 236 wins & 228 nominations.","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BN2EwM2I5OWMtMGQyMi00Zjg1LWJkNTctZTdjYTA4OGUwZjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"8.1/10"},{"Source":"Rotten Tomatoes","Value":"97%"},{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"90/100"}],"Metascore":"90","imdbRating":"8.1","imdbVotes":"827,543","imdbID":"tt1392190","Type":"movie","DVD":"01 Sep 2015","BoxOffice":"$129,483,877","Production":"Warner Bros.","Website":"N/A","Response":"True"}

Shows a RT score of 97%

But Emby shows

5eacc0a343261_Capture.png

Happy2Play

Is there an issue with how the omdb metadata is being processed? When I compare the RT ratings from omdb to what is being displayed it is different.

OMDb output for Mad Max Fury Road (2015)

{"Title":"Mad Max: Fury Road","Year":"2015","Rated":"R","Released":"15 May 2015","Runtime":"120 min","Genre":"Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller","Director":"George Miller","Writer":"George Miller, Brendan McCarthy, Nick Lathouris","Actors":"Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne","Plot":"In a post-apocalyptic wasteland, a woman rebels against a tyrannical ruler in search for her homeland with the aid of a group of female prisoners, a psychotic worshiper, and a drifter named Max.","Language":"English, Russian","Country":"Australia, USA, South Africa","Awards":"Won 6 Oscars. Another 236 wins & 228 nominations.","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BN2EwM2I5OWMtMGQyMi00Zjg1LWJkNTctZTdjYTA4OGUwZjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"8.1/10"},{"Source":"Rotten Tomatoes","Value":"97%"},{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"90/100"}],"Metascore":"90","imdbRating":"8.1","imdbVotes":"827,543","imdbID":"tt1392190","Type":"movie","DVD":"01 Sep 2015","BoxOffice":"$129,483,877","Production":"Warner Bros.","Website":"N/A","Response":"True"}

Shows a RT score of 97%

But Emby shows

5eacc0a343261_Capture.png

Just added test item and got 97%, have you refreshed your item?

Jdiesel

I tried refreshing the metadata and it didn't do anything

Happy2Play

I tried refreshing the metadata and it didn't do anything

Anything in the logs?  As you already provided it appears it the fetched metadata.

Only other thing can think of is database issue.  If item was moved to a new folder and library do you get the same results?

Jdiesel

When I renamed the file and folder and re-added the movie to my library it doesn't scrape the critic rating at all now

5eaf13cbeeeeb_Capture.png

When I renamed the file and folder and re-added the movie to my library it doesn't scrape the critic rating at all now

5eaf13cbeeeeb_Capture.png

Did you check to see what data Omdb has?

Jdiesel

Yes from an eariler post omdb should be pulling a Rotten Tomato score of 97%

Jdiesel

Also not it looks like the IMDB rating is incorrect. Its showing 7.5 when it should be 8.1

PenkethBoy

put omdb as your first metadata provider for movies and you get 8.1 and 97

• 1 month later...
Bambu Utila

I have set OMDB provider as the first one for both Movie Libraries and TV Series.

My understanding is that this way for Movies you get the imdb rating as your normal rating and the Metacritics rating for criticsrating

For tv shows it should mean you get again the imdb rating stored for the rating and criticsrating stays empty.

Is this assumption correct?  Edit: when using the OMDB it looks for imdb and RottenTomatoes

After setting OMDB as the first provider i did a rescan of the library and a criticsrating was filled in.

But lately when new movies get added it doesn't seem to pick up a criticsrating at all, even though when i check online they all have a rating

2 movies for which this happened in the last few weeks were Da 5 Bloods and Becky.

I checked with the omdbapi and both give a score back, yet nothing gets picked up in emby even after an update of metadata or a identify.

Is there a way for Emby to pick up these ratings?

Edit: My bad. Both films give back a MetaCritic rating, not a Rotten Tomatoes rating, so it makes sense Emby doesn't pick up that rating.

@Luke you mentioned above that it would take a large monetary commitment. Do you know if that's something the people from Universal Movie Scraper for Kodi have done then? Because when you use that scraper in Kodi they get you the following ratings:

imdb    7.3    714932
metacritic    6.6    49
themoviedb    7.3    15925
tomatometerallaudience    8.3    288418
tomatometerallcritics    7.5    360
tomatometeravgaudience    8.0    288418
tomatometeravgcritics    6.8    360

to get all those ratings you do have to enter a valid OMDB API key.

Edited by Bambu Utila

Happy2Play
47 minutes ago, Bambu Utila said:

I have set OMDB provider as the first one for both Movie Libraries and TV Series.

My understanding is that this way for Movies you get the imdb rating as your normal rating and the Metacritics rating for criticsrating

For tv shows it should mean you get again the imdb rating stored for the rating and criticsrating stays empty.

Is this assumption correct?  Edit: when using the OMDB it looks for imdb and RottenTomatoes

After setting OMDB as the first provider i did a rescan of the library and a criticsrating was filled in.

But lately when new movies get added it doesn't seem to pick up a criticsrating at all, even though when i check online they all have a rating

2 movies for which this happened in the last few weeks were Da 5 Bloods and Becky.

I checked with the omdbapi and both give a score back, yet nothing gets picked up in emby even after an update of metadata or a identify.

Is there a way for Emby to pick up these ratings?

Edit: My bad. Both films give back a MetaCritic rating, not a Rotten Tomatoes rating, so it makes sense Emby doesn't pick up that rating.

@Luke you mentioned above that it would take a large monetary commitment. Do you know if that's something the people from Universal Movie Scraper for Kodi have done then? Because when you use that scraper in Kodi they get you the following ratings:

imdb    7.3    714932
metacritic    6.6    49
themoviedb    7.3    15925
tomatometerallaudience    8.3    288418
tomatometerallcritics    7.5    360
tomatometeravgaudience    8.0    288418
tomatometeravgcritics    6.8    360

to get all those ratings you do have to enter a valid OMDB API key.

These ratings come directly from OMDB, we can only display what they have

Becky no ratings currently

{"Title":"Becky","Year":"2018","Rated":"N/A","Released":"N/A","Runtime":"9 min","Genre":"Short, Comedy, Drama, Family, Romance","Director":"Victor Viyuoh","Writer":"Victor Viyuoh","Actors":"Djamilatou -, Michael Akumcha, Ramatu Moumini, Ateh Frank Ateh Jr.","Plot":"A young boy's playground crush forces him to face his greatest fear - to disastrous results.","Language":"English","Country":"Cameroon","Awards":"N/A","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjFjNzIzOTctOWU1Yy00NmZkLWJlNDItZjhmM2E5M2Y2ZTMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI5OTY4Ng@@._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[],"Metascore":"N/A","imdbRating":"N/A","imdbVotes":"N/A","imdbID":"tt7385828","Type":"movie","DVD":"N/A","BoxOffice":"N/A","Production":"N/A","Website":"N/A","Response":"True"}

But you should see values for "Da 5 Bloods"

{"Title":"Da 5 Bloods","Year":"2020","Rated":"R","Released":"12 Jun 2020","Runtime":"154 min","Genre":"Adventure, Drama, War","Director":"Spike Lee","Writer":"Danny Bilson, Paul De Meo, Kevin Willmott, Spike Lee","Actors":"Delroy Lindo, Jonathan Majors, Clarke Peters, Norm Lewis","Plot":"Four African American vets battle the forces of man and nature when they return to Vietnam seeking the remains of their fallen squad leader and the gold fortune he helped them hide.","Language":"English, Finnish, French, Vietnamese","Country":"USA","Awards":"N/A","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNjE4ODEwNzktYjg5Yi00N2YxLWExMmEtMmQyZTBiYWI4MGQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"6.8/10"},{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"81/100"}],"Metascore":"81","imdbRating":"6.8","imdbVotes":"13,689","imdbID":"tt9777644","Type":"movie","DVD":"N/A","BoxOffice":"N/A","Production":"N/A","Website":"N/A","Response":"True"}

As for other scrapers they may not be doing it in a totally legal way as IMDB wants big money to use there api.  Emby will not promote scraping website information that would violate TOS.

Bambu Utila
13 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

These ratings come directly from OMDB, we can only display what they have

Becky no ratings currently

But you should see values for "Da 5 Bloods"

As for other scrapers they may not be doing it in a totally legal way as IMDB wants big money to use there api.  Emby will not promote scraping website information that would violate TOS.

thanks for the quick reply. 

Yeah i figured it out why i wasn't getting certain ratings. Strange that you get no info at all for Becky, when i use the omdbapi for Becky i get this back for ratings:

"Ratings":[{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"56/100"}],"Metascore":"56","imdbRating":"N/A","imdbVotes":"N/A","imdbID":"tt10314450","Type":"movie",.....

Because i have TMDB set as my second scraper it still pics up a rating from there though for Becky

Edit: I just noticed you have the wrong Becky Movie, that's why our info is different. mine is from 2020, yours is from 2018

I was specifically asking about the Universal Movie Scraper because it mentions the Kodi Team as part of the developers, so i assumed they are on the "up and up"

Doesn't the OMDB API use the IMDB API to get a lot of it's info?

Edited by Bambu Utila

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Bambu Utila said:

thanks for the quick reply. 

Yeah i figured it out why i wasn't getting certain ratings. Strange that you get no info at all for Becky, when i use the omdbapi for Becky i get this back for ratings:

"Ratings":[{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"56/100"}],"Metascore":"56","imdbRating":"N/A","imdbVotes":"N/A","imdbID":"tt10314450","Type":"movie",.....

Because i have TMDB set as my second scraper it still pics up a rating from there though for Becky

I was specifically asking about the Universal Movie Scraper because it mentions the Kodi Team as part of the developers, so i assumed they are on the "up and up"

Okay the one I posted was the 2018 and yours is 2020 version.  But i see the same values as you do on the 2020 version.