Need to get movie tags from API

Keo

Hi all,

I am out of ideas here.  I have tried everything I can think of, but I can't seem to get the Tags that are defined for each movie.

How can I use this to pull back the tags for a specific movie, If I have this data?

{"event":"media.play","user":false,"owner":false,"Account":{},"Player":{"local":false,"title":"Emby Mobile","uuid":"TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKE1hY2ludG9zaDsgSW50ZWwgTWFjIE9TIFggMTBfMTRfMSkgQXBwbGVXZWJLaXQvNTM3LjM2IChLSFRNTCwgbGlrZSBHZWNrbykgQ2hyb21lLzcwLjAuMzUzOC4xMTAgU2FmYXJpLzUzNy4zNnwxNTQ0MTI2Mzc4NTAx"},"Metadata":{"guid":"d136d26e-9a2b-8b3e-7968-f3583c94fd50","librarySectionID":0,"type":"movies","title":"Alien","grandparentTitle":"root","parentTitle":"vudu_movies","index":0,"parentIndex":0,"ratingCount":0,"addedAt":0,"updatedAt":0}}

What I want is all of the Tag meta data for the movie being played and I can't find a way to do it?

Where did that data come from?

It's what is sent by the WebHook Plugin when a movie plays.

Since it doesn't have tags in it, I figured I could send an API call to get the data I want when the event is received by my automation.  I can't seem to find the correct API to get movie tags.

Well I'm not familiar with that but have you checked out our api wiki?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki

Looks like you can use the guid from webhooks as the item Id, and then pull down the full record.

I tested that in swag already and the Tag metadata isn't returned with that.

{
  "Items": [
    {
      "Name": "Alien",
      "ServerId": "cda31224f5254a2bb55849def435d71c",
      "Id": "10783",
      "PremiereDate": "1979-05-25T05:00:00.0000000+00:00",
      "OfficialRating": "R",
      "CommunityRating": 8,
      "AspectRatio": "",
      "ProductionYear": 1979,
      "IsFolder": false,
      "Type": "Movie",
      "ImageTags": {
        "Primary": "935e9112a9c0a66dd5d4489f46b53b29",
        "Logo": "90d1b7c25727a5a13f92b50766b1e97d",
        "Thumb": "cfcf85dc86b5f024875590e836a93fff"
      },
      "BackdropImageTags": [],
      "MediaType": "Video"
    }
  ],
  "TotalRecordCount": 1
}

I am looking for this:

post-386203-0-88533900-1545972723_thumb.png

Edited by Keo

Have you explored the wiki documentation relating to optional fields that you need to request?

Truth is I have googled and read everything I could find.  If there is some documentation that you feel I should have read, can you link to it here?  I've spent more time than I'd like to admit searching for my answer. :-)

Have you explored the wiki documentation relating to optional fields that you need to request?

I just realized you can specify fields in the api call to pull back more data.  This does what I need.  Thanks!