Manage Library Settings not saving

Guest ctopher72

Guest ctopher72

When I manage a library and change settings they are not saved, when I go back the changes have reverted to what they were.

Guest ctopher72

Hi there, can you give an example? thanks.

Hi Luke,

What was happening is when I went to Library in server settings and chose to manage one of my libraries, for example my TV library. Any of the settings I changed didn't stick. when I left the manage my libraries and came back the setting had reverted back to what is was prior to changing it. I was however able to fix it by removing and recreating my libraries. Not sure what happened the first time I created them. So i guess I am all set. Appreciate you responding so quickly.

Chris

Edited by ctopher72

Thanks for the feedback. I think this has to do with libraries created on versions of the server from several releases ago. I will look into it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
TheDoudou

I have the same problem.

If I create a new Library the settings are saved after change.

If I can help to resolve…..

David

I have the same problem.

If I create a new Library the settings are saved after change.

If I can help to resolve…..

David

Hi there, can you please give an example? thanks.

TheDoudou

Hi there, can you please give an example? thanks.

Hi,

I just understand that my original installation of Emby was done under an other account. I don’t know if that was the origin of my problem but deleting the library and recreate it solve my problem. And I have keep all my user viewing status. I don’t do particular operation for that, that was the good sursprise. Thanks Emby

• 1 month later...
crfloyd0932

I am also having this issue. Example: if i go into my movies library, turn on advanced settings and select any box that isn't already selected (Ex. The Open Movie Database under metadata downloaders) when I leave and go back into manage library it is unchecked again (Along with any other changes). I think i started with Server version 3.3.12 if I am not mistaken. I would just make a new library but I'm worried about losing all my played episode progresses.

I am also having this issue. Example: if i go into my movies library, turn on advanced settings and select any box that isn't already selected (Ex. The Open Movie Database under metadata downloaders) when I leave and go back into manage library it is unchecked again (Along with any other changes). I think i started with Server version 3.3.12 if I am not mistaken. I would just make a new library but I'm worried about losing all my played episode progresses.

Try waiting a second before you go back into the library and check the value.

crfloyd0932

tried that.. still didn't stick.

Try waiting a second before you go back into the library and check the value.

crfloyd0932

Log file attached. This is directly after turning on options that aren't already turned on, then leaving. Reverts back to the way it was when the library was set up. 

embyserver.txt

Edited by crfloyd0932

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is something related to libraries that were created by much older server versions. We'll look into it.

• Like 1

crfloyd0932

Hi, 

The problem of the settings not being saved can be solved by removing the library and re-adding it.u

Thanks for the feedback

While I understand that might be the fix for some (like the apple tv or roku), its not the ideal fix if you use the kodi emby addon. I have 8+ clients that use the kodi addon and removing and recreating the library means I have to visit each client, select the new library and then rebuild. my libraries are quite large and last time I had to do that it took over an hour to complete the scan. Might just be something I have to live with unless they can find the cause. I originally though I was missing a save button somehow till i realized there wasn't one and settings were saved when you exit.  

We are looking into it. That is a workaround that could be employed in the meantime. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

Any update on this problem? For the life of me, I can't get library settings changes to "stick". All I want to do is turn turn on real-time monitoring for a library. But every time I go back to view the setting, it's un-checked (along with most other settings in the library). I've tried removing and creating a new library (as suggested above), which still isn't working. I've tried different browsers (in case it's a client/cache issue). No luck.

I'm running version 4.2.1.0-1 as a package on a Synology DS918+. I thought I would post here, rather than open a new thread. I would even just manually edit a config file if someone can tell me which one. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Edit: After playing around with this and monitoring values in var/root/default/[library name]/options.xml, I can see that the settings are persisted from the library settings UI. However after leaving the library settings UI and then reopening the same page again the values in the file are overwritten and all my previous settings are lost immediately. My Synology Emby environment was configured with the "Server Configuration Backup" plugin, using an export from a Windows Emby installation that had been running for years. I'm tempted to blow this away and start from scratch on the Synology, but that's a lot of work and I'd prefer to get some feedback from the dev's first. From the comments in this thread, I'm not certain it has anything to do with how I configured the environment. Thanks!

Edited by aperry

Edit: After playing around with this and monitoring values in var/root/default/[library name]/options.xml, I can see that the settings are persisted from the library settings UI. However after leaving the library settings UI and then reopening the same page again the values in the file are overwritten and all my previous settings are lost immediately.

Hi, give it a second before re-opening the dialog and checking the value. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi, give it a second before re-opening the dialog and checking the value. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Ok, so here's a test with the "EnableRealtimeMonitoring" setting, using longer timings between each step:

1. Confirm starting value in options.xml (which was set hours ago):

/$ grep EnableRealtimeMonitor /volume1/\@appstore/EmbyServer/var/root/default/TV\ shows/options.xml 

<EnableRealtimeMonitor>true</EnableRealtimeMonitor>

2. Open TV Show Library Settings page and enable "Show Advanced Settings". Observation: Realtime monitoring setting is un-checked (this is unexpected). Other settings are also unexpectedly un-checked, most notably all of the scrapers are un-checked (I had enabled several).

3. Wait 2 full minutes.

4. Check file value:

/$ grep EnableRealtimeMonitor /volume1/\@appstore/EmbyServer/var/root/default/TV\ shows/options.xml 

<EnableRealtimeMonitor>true</EnableRealtimeMonitor>

So this seems a little different from what I stated earlier, but there still seems to be a bug. The UI shows this preference un-checked, but the file value continues to be "true". Waited several minutes and observed no change in UI or file.

5. Click the "left arrow" UI button to leave this edit screen.

6. Check file value:

<EnableRealtimeMonitor>false</EnableRealtimeMonitor>

So to me it seems like the UI is rendering incorrect (maybe default) values every time it's opened, and then when you click "left arrow" then these current (incorrect) values are committed, which overwrites any earlier custom settings. The result is that I will need to reset all of my Library settings every time I happen to open that UI screen for any reason. It would be great if this could be fixed, or if there's any indication that it's something special about my environment that I could repair.

Hope this helps with the debugging.

Aaron

Edited by aperry