Play from Here feature same like with kodi on any video or music files

sezsat

Hi Guys,

i would like to request a feature the same as with kodi, "Play from here" feature for all video and music files.

the current feature auto queue episodes only works for TV Shows/Series, and does not work on other video files like for example, i have a recording of a football match and i wanted to automatically watch the second half after the first half finishes. Hopefully we can see this feature on the next emby update (server/apple tv emby app).

thank you.

Hi do you select play from here?

did you mean "how do you select play from here?" 

with kodi player thru an adroid tvbox or mac mini with ir receiver, using an apple tv silver remote, after selecting a video file like an NFL match with each quarter having their own video file, we just select 1st quarter then we just long press the Menu button and a selection prompt appears with the Following options:

Play

Mark as watched

Queue item

Play from here

Add to favorites

so i though it could also be done and added as a feature for emby, especially for the emby app for apple tv 4k, as it would be much more convenient having the option of play from current file and then automatically play the next file, this is very much helpful when viewing recorded football matches and of NFL matches for later viewing and for reviewing.

hopefully we could this is on the next version of emby for apple tv and all other supported devices. 

Edited by sezsat

In the interim, you could arrange these as either TV shows or put them in a playlist and then have this functionality.

In the interim, you could arrange these as either TV shows or put them in a playlist and then have this functionality.

Thank you, that works, but hopefully autoplay next video can also be applied to home videos and not just for tv shows.

• 1 year later...
warrencalvert

Can anyone confirm if the above feature has been implemented yet?

In a folder full of home videos, I would like to browse to one video and have it play that one then all subsequent videos in that folder.  Ideally without the hassle of having to create a playlist.

thanks,

warren.

Can anyone confirm if the above feature has been implemented yet?

In a folder full of home videos, I would like to browse to one video and have it play that one then all subsequent videos in that folder.  Ideally without the hassle of having to create a playlist.

thanks,

warren.

Hi, yes. Right click/context menu -> play all from here.