What did you guys to to break the subtitle again...

jnrfalcon

jnrfalcon

All Windows based players, including Windows 10 App, Chrome, XBox can not read SSA subtitles embedded in MKV again.

Please stop update by taking steps backwards!

Happy2Play

Unless you are a beta tester there hasn't been a server update in awhile.  So you would have to give some more information.

jnrfalcon

Unless you are a beta tester there hasn't been a server update in awhile.  So you would have to give some more information.

Emby on Synology up to date in Synology app store. Both Windows 10 and Xbox version updated/reinstalled today.

jnrfalcon

did you disable the server transcoding setting to not allow on the fly subtitle extraction?

I counldn't find a setting to disable transcode. Please advice

jnrfalcon

Can you show a screenshot of the Transcoding settings page in your emby server dashboard?

not at this moment, there are a lot ffmpeg processes refuse to end themselves after playback and stalled my NAS. it is restarting now

jnrfalcon

Can you show a screenshot of the Transcoding settings page in your emby server dashboard?

Great... I unticked the allow subtitle extraction when I found it and now the emby server won't run anymore...

jnrfalcon

What does won't run mean?

It means the Emby Server app status will show as stopped. It will run for a couple second when I click run and the stop again.

jnrfalcon

Try checking the box to allow extraction on the fly.

It just won't direct stream no matter what is set on that option. Furthermore, I see that Windows' Movie and TV won't show that subtitle either now. If you were using Windows' own decoder, it might be gone in the latest version.

• 1 month later...
denywinarto

@@jnrfalcon, may i know what cpu youre using? I think you might be able to solve this by setting the hardware acceleration to "none". I had same issue and thats how i fix it..

But now transcoding becomes extremely slow.. i suspect its because my cpu is xeon engineering sample i got from chinese ebay seller.. and i havent been able to install any drivers for it..thats why i asked what your cpu is..