QNAP TS-231P does not start

LocutusDeBorg

trodarte

I also just installed emby-server-qnap_3.6.0.73_arm-x31 on my TS-231 (non-P version) running firmware 4.3.5.0760 and it's working.  Wasn't working earlier this week.  This is great.  

Edited by trodarte

trodarte

I had a chance to test the Emby beta for TS-x31 platform more over the weekend.  I did run into an issue with the included ffmpeg binaries.  The first symptom I noticed was that Emby would not track the progress of the media I was viewing if I stopped watching it.  I also noticed that Emby was not pulling any of the media information.  After googling, found out these functions are performed by the ffmpeg binaries.  

I recalled that in the community package of Emby, there was an option to supply a custom ffmpeg path.  First I went ahead and installed ffmpeg 4.1 from QnapClub for the x31 platform.  Then since I could not find the custom ffmpeg path option in the web server settings, I went ahead and tried to enter it manually into the encoding.xml file using the <EncoderAppPath> option.  That did not work as it seems to just be ignored.

I ended up replacing the ffmpeg and ffprobe binaries in the  /bin folder of Emby Server and that fixed everything.  This is just a temporary workaround, so I have attached my log file in an effort to maybe discover a permanent fix.  Let me know if you need anything else.  

Looking at the logs, I see some ffmpeg errors.  Also I noticed the ffmpeg binaries are part of the startup command line.  Maybe next time I workaround this I can just change the startup script for Emby Server to use the QnapClub ffmpeg package.  

embyserver-63679305601.txt

Edited by trodarte

You won't be able to do that very easily. We've customized ffmpeg, and attempting to replace it will result in loss of features and/or things not working. Best thing to do is report your issue by seeing how to report a problem. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...