Password reset for admin, whats wrong

rawToe

Hi, yes there's an issue with this in the stable release. It is resolved for the next release. Did you forget your password?

If rawToe didn't I sure did!  

I can get in now on a cached password, I just can't the password because I don't know what it is so I can't change it :-(

Edited by tre4b

If rawToe didn't I sure did!  

I can get in now on a cached password, I just can't the password because I don't know what it is so I can't change it :-(

What you can do in the meantime is locate the server's program data folder, then go under /config/users. Try to find the policy.xml file for the user you are logging in with, which may be difficult, and then go inside and set IsAdministrator to true.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
DSBenny

Hello,

I'm currently having the same difficulty as the two fellow posters.

Emby Server is running on a Synology DS218play (3.5.3.0-18). Strange thing is, I use KeePass, so my PW wasn't changed or forgot, but today it was not accepted. I went through the same process as rawToe described, and nothing happened, too (tried with Firefox, Edge, IE).

Is there a solution for the synology version?

Thank You!

Happy2Play

Hello,

I'm currently having the same difficulty as the two fellow posters.

Emby Server is running on a Synology DS218play (3.5.3.0-18). Strange thing is, I use KeePass, so my PW wasn't changed or forgot, but today it was not accepted. I went through the same process as rawToe described, and nothing happened, too (tried with Firefox, Edge, IE).

Is there a solution for the synology version?

Thank You!

As stated above this is a know issue in 3.5 and is resolved in the next release.  Have you tried the steps in post 4?

• Like 1

DSBenny

As stated above this is a know issue in 3.5 and is resolved in the next release.  Have you tried the steps in post 4?

Thank you for the fast answer. At first, I didn't understand why this should help me.

But then I understood that this way I was able to elevate another account ich I was able to login with) to admin. By using this account I was able to reset the password for the original admin.

After that I just had to "demote" the other account to its "non-admin" status.

Perhaps this can help others too - thats why I made so many word now.

In short: Solved, thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
egrouchko

This is how my login page looks like in Chrome with the newest version:

5c4404d12fcd6_Capture.png

And login is not succesfull with my password.

Edited by egrouchko

Hi there, please update to the latest version of Emby Server (4.0).  Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Happy2Play

And this is how the password page look like...

5c440599c76ee_Capture.png

This is know issues reported in another topic where IE does not redirect to the updated "/index.html#!/" url change on "Edit this user's profile, image and personal preferences.".

Happy2Play

This is how my login page looks like in Chrome with the newest version:

5c4404d12fcd6_Capture.png

And login is not succesfull with my password.

Can only assume you are using shortcut/bookmarks that are outdated.  I would have to search but the server urls update was a version or two ago.