Feature Request: Library thumnails respect parental rating of user

Lane03

Not sure if this belongs in the server section or the client (Roku in my case), but it would be nice if the 4 movie poster thumbnails that make up a library graphic only showed poster art for movies the user is able to see. For example, my daughter has access to the same movie library as I do, but she is restricted to movies PG and G. It would be nice if she wasn't seeing posters for R rated movies - as sometimes they can be pretty graphic.

EDIT: Just saw there is a Feature Request subforum. @@ebr, maybe this post should be moved there?

Edited by Lane03
  • Like 1

Lyfesaver

Not sure if this belongs in the server section or the client (Roku in my case), but it would be nice if the 4 movie poster thumbnails that make up a library graphic only showed poster art for movies the user is able to see. For example, my daughter has access to the same movie library as I do, but she is restricted to movies PG and G. It would be nice if she wasn't seeing posters for R rated movies - as sometimes they can be pretty graphic.

EDIT: Just saw there is a Feature Request subforum. @@ebr, maybe this post should be moved there?

Also, if you click the three dots on the Library image you can change it to something custom. I made some (so have other people) that you can use.

Here are the buttons I made: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65123-my-media-iconbutton-set-base/

5beac258511ea_Capture.png

The issue is that these images belong to the library not the user.  IOW - we don't create them on the fly at display time and there is only one of them.

For now, Lyfesaver's suggestion would be your workaround.